How do I love thee? 我是怎样的爱你
by 勃朗宁夫人
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
我是怎样地爱你?让我逐一细算。
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
我爱你尽我的心灵所能及到的
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
深邃、宽广、和高度——正象我探求
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
玄冥中上帝的存在和深厚的神恩。
I love thee to the level of every day’s
我爱你的程度,就象日光和烛焰下
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
那每天不用说得的需要。我不加思虑地
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
爱你,就象男子们为正义而斗争;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
我纯洁地爱你,象他们在赞美前低头。
I love thee with the passion put to use
以满怀热情,就象往日满腔的辛酸;
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
我爱你以我童年的信仰;我爱你
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
我爱你,抵得上那似乎随着消失的圣者
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
而消逝的爱慕。我爱你以我终生的
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
呼吸,微笑和泪珠——假使是上帝的
I shall but love thee better after death.
意旨,那么,我死了我还要更加爱你!
-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning