每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!
There Is a Lady Sweet and Kind
There is a lady sweet and kind,
有一位女郎甜美和善
Was never face so pleas’d my mind;
她的容貌让我愉悦非常;
I did but see her passing by,
看着她从身边走过,
And yet I love her till I die.
我想爱她直到地老天荒。
Her gesture, motion, and her smiles,
她的举止,她的微笑,
Her wit, her voice, my heart beguiles,
她的机智和声音让我心驰神往,
Beguiles my heart, I know not why,
让我心驰神往,不知是何原因,
And yet I love her till I die.
但我要爱她直到地老天荒。
Her free behaviour, winning looks,
奔放的姿容,骄人的模样,
Will make a lawyer burn his books;
让律师把法律抛舍;
I touch’d her not, alas! not I,
天哪,我自愧不如,
And yet I love her till I die.
而且要爱她直到地老天荒。
Had I her fast betwixt mine arms,
如果我把她拥进怀里,
Judge you that think such sports were harms,
你觉得这会对她造成损伤,
Were’t any harm? no, no, fie, fie,
造成损伤?不会不会,
For I will love her till I die.
因为我要爱她直到地老天荒。
Should I remain confined there
我会继续把她追求,
So long as Phoebus in his sphere,
只要世上还有太阳,
I to request, she to deny,
即使她总是拒绝,
Yet would I love her till I die.
我也要爱她直到地老天荒。
Cupid is winged and doth range,
丘比特展翅飞遍她的家乡,
Her country so my love doth change:
我的爱人也随着换了形象:
But change she earth, or change she sky,
变换天地我的爱也不变,
Yet will I love her till I die.
我要爱她直到地老天荒。