每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!
Five Balls of Life
生命中的五个球
Brian G. Dyson
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air.
想象生命是一场不停丢掷五个球于空中的游戏。
You name them-work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air.
这五个球分别是工作、家庭、健康、朋友和心灵,你很努力地掷着这五个球,不让它们落地。
You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball.
很快你就会了解工作是一个橡皮球,
If you drop it, it will bounce back.
如果你不幸失手落下它,它还会弹回来的。
But the other four balls-family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass.
但是家庭、健康、朋友和心灵这四个球是用玻璃做成的。
If you drop one of these,
一旦你失手落下,
they will be irrevocably scuffed,
它们将无法再像以前那样。
marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered.
它们可能会少了一角,留下无法挽回的记号、刻痕、损坏甚至碎落一地。
They will never be the same.
它们将无法再像以前那样。
You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.
你必须了解这个道理,并且为了平衡你的生命而努力。
How? Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others.
别拿自己和他人比较,这只会降低你的价值。
It is because we are different that each of us is special.
因为我们都是独一无二的,因为我们每一个人都很特别。
Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important.
别人认为重要的事不一定是你的目标。
Only you know what is best for you.
只有你自己知道什么是最适合你的。
Don’t take for granted the things that are closest to your heart.
不要将贴近你的心的人、事物视为理所当然。
Cling to them as they would be your life,
你必须将他们视为生命一般,
for without them, life is meaningless.
认真对待。因为没有他们,生命将失去意义。
Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.
别让你的生命总是在依恋过去的种种或是在未来的寄望中逝去。
By living your life one day at a time,
如果你活在每个当下,
you live ALL the days of your life.
那就活好你生命中的每一天。