每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!
Learn to Live in the Present Moment
学会活在当下
To a large degree,
很大程度上,
the measure of our peace of mind is determined by how much we are able to live in the present moment.
我们内心的平和取决于我们是否活在当下。
Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year,
不论昨天或去年发生什么,
and what may or may not happen tomorrow,
不管明天会不会发生什么。
the present moment is where you are-always.
当下才是你所在的地方,而且向来如此!
Without question, many of us have mastered the neurotic art of spending much of our lives worrying about a variety of things-all at once.
毫无疑问,我们之中许多人都十分精通神经质艺术,浪费生命去忧虑各种事情。
We allow past problems and future concerns to dominate our present moments,
我们让过去的问题和未来的忧虑主宰目前的时光。
so much so that we end up anxious, frustrated,
结果我们变得焦虑不安,感到受挫,
depressed, and hopeless.
沮丧、了无希望。
On the flip side, we also postpone our gratification,
另一方面,我们延迟自己的满足感,
our stated priorities, and our happiness,
推迟我们应优先考虑的事情以及自己的幸福,
often convincing ourselves that someday will be better than today.
去说服自己总有一天会比今天更好。
Unfortunately, the same mental dynamics that tell us to look toward the future will only repeat themselves so that someday never actually arrives.
不幸的是,我们期待未来的心理机制只会一再重复,结果总有一天从未真正到来。
John Lennon once said, Life is what’s happening while we’re busy making other plans.
约翰·列侬曾经说过:生命就是我们忙着做其他计划的时候,所发生的一切。
When we’re busy making other plans,
当我们忙着做其他计划时,
our children are busy growing up,
我们的孩子也忙着长大,
the people we love are moving away and dying,
我们所爱的人在逐渐远离、死去,