Despite the cliché title,尽管这是一个烂俗的标题
I truly witnessed a love that brought me to tears但我确实亲眼见证了一段感情,让我热泪盈眶
when I got home from work last night.那是昨天晚上,下班回家的时候
I work as a waiter at a hotel.我在一家酒店做服务员
Last night昨晚
this elderly(Late 60’s/Early 70’s), seemingly wealthy couple came into the restaurant有一对年老(大约六七十高龄),看起来十分阔绰的夫妻走进了酒店餐厅
and my co-worker seated them.我的同事引导他们落座
We usually do our own tables,通常我们只为自己负责的桌子提供服务
but because we were so busy last night不过昨晚我们都太忙了
we helped each other out.我们也为彼此帮忙
At one point这时
the elderly couple signaled to me那对老夫妻示意让我过去
that they were ready to order.表示他们准备好点餐了
Once again we were super busy再说一次,那时我们忙得不可开交
I usually find it rude when people go out of their way to make their order,每次有客人大费周章的点餐,我总觉得有些失礼
but once I took their order I understood why.但我为他们下单时,我明白了其中的原因
The husband began ordering丈夫开始点菜
and started stuttering to an extent I’ve never heard before说话结结巴巴,我从没听过有人说话这样含混不清
It was very clear很明显
that he had a speech disorder.这人有语言障碍
I could tell我能断定
the wife had told her husband very extensively what she wanted,妻子已经非常详细的告诉了丈夫自己想要吃什么
as a way for him to practice ordering.想用这种方式帮助他训练说话能力
It took a while for him to order,男人花了很长时间点菜
and in the meantime在那时
she was sitting there妻子坐在他身旁
and she looked so proud看上去无比骄傲
and content神情惬意
despite her husband’s immense stammering.尽管她丈夫结结巴巴,十分严重