Me and my mom lived on the street.我和妈妈居住的地方临着马路。
I loved to pick flowers.我喜欢采花儿。
One day I was walking to the retail store一天我步行去零售店
and I saw a a bright blue flower with a little purple.我看到一朵花儿,花瓣是纯净的蓝色,还带一点点紫色
So as I always do, I picked it.一如往常,我摘下了这朵花
I went home and showed it to my mom.我回家,把它给妈妈看
That night I slept with the flower那天晚上,我把那朵花放在床头陪我入眠
because it gave me this good feeling inside.因为它让我内心感受到了美好
I always wished before bed入睡前我总会许愿
that one day we would live in a nice big family house,希望有一天,我们会住在好看的大房子里
my mom would find a dad,希望我妈妈给我找个新爸爸
we would have a dog, 2 nice cars, a little sister,希望家里有一只小狗,有两年私家车,还有一个小妹妹
and that we would have a good amount of money.希望我们会有一大笔钱
That night when I wished, the flower lit up into a very bright light.那天晚上,我许完愿的时候,那朵花突然开始发光,变成了一个明亮的光团
The next day i went to my mom crying.第二天,我听到妈妈在哭泣,赶忙跑过去
I asked her what was wrong and she said nothing,我问她发生了什么事,她说没什么
she just got a paycheck and it is worth 300,000 dollars.她刚收到一份工资支票,30万美元!
That’s enough to buy a house I thought.这么多钱,够买一幢大房子了吧,我想
Then I thought of the flower. 然后我想到了那朵花儿
It had to be. 一定是因为它
Three weeks later we moved in to a big house三个星期后,我们搬到了一所大房子里
and we had a little goldendoodle .我们还养了一只可卡布犬
I kept the flower in a vase on my desk just in case.我把那朵花放进花瓶,就摆在我的书桌上,以备日后之需