I volunteer/work for my local aquarium.我在本地的一家水族馆做义工
Today今天
I volunteered to help with our sick animals.我自愿去帮助那些生病的动物们
My job today我今天的工作
was to get a sad baby leopard shark to be happy again是让一只忧伤的豹纹鲨重新快乐起来
as he was having tummy problems他的小肚子有些不舒服
(basically I massaged a shark all day).基本上我的工作就是给鲨鱼按摩
Because I was so wrapped up in this我只顾着埋头工作
I left my Wallet an hour away at the aquarium.结果把自己的钱包丢在水族馆,一个多小时后才发现
When I finally realized this after getting home,回家后我才发现这件事
I hopped in my car我跳上自己的车
and saw the gas light on.却发现指示灯显示没油了
I scrounged up $3 in change我凑齐了3美元的硬币
with the hopes 1 gallon would be enough to get me there.希望一加仑的油足够让我到达那里
When I arrived at the station当我感到加油站
I had asked the lady我问加油站里的服务员
how far could 1gallon get me一问她一加仑的油可以让车子跑多远
because I had left my wallet at my job.因为我把自己的钱包丢在上班的地方了
Without hesitation没有丝毫犹豫
she pulled out a $10 dollar bill她拿出一张10美元的钞票
and paid for my gas为我付了油钱
and told me that并且对我说
everyone has struggles每个人都有难处
and it’s our job to help when we can力所能及时伸出援手,这是份内的事情
and to push it forward.可以扶危济困
I returned 2 hours later两个小时后我返回来
with $50 cash to give to her想要把50美元还给她
but she had left可是她却已经离开了
and I didn’t feel comfortable giving it to the other attendant.而我也不情愿将钱交给另一个工作人员
So所以
to the lady that selflessly gave me gas in my time of need我想对那位在我需要的时候无私的借钱给我加油的女士说
thank you谢谢你
and I hope to see you back at work soon!希望你再来上班的时候,能很快相见!