【I forget to tell you.】
I forget to tell you.我忘记了要告诉你。
Forget 表示“忘记”,后面可接名词,不定式或分词。接不定式表示“忘记了要干…”,接分词表示“忘记干过…”。例如:
【I forget its name.】
我忘记它的名词。
I’ll never forget meeting you this time.
我将永远不会忘记这次和你的见面。
Don’t forget to ring me up at six.
不要忘记六点钟给我打电话。
【One moment,please.】
One moment,please.请等一下。
表示让对方等一等。类似这样的还有:
Just a moment,please.请等一下。
One moment,please.请等一下。
Wait a minute,please.请等一下。
【But I’m afraid I may be a little late.】
But I’m afraid I may be a little late.但是,我恐怕要来迟一点。
I’m afraid 后接不定式或of +分词短语,表示不敢做某事或者害怕某事。例如:
I’m afraid to be late again.
我害怕再迟到了。
The little boy is afraid to walk in the dark.
小孩害怕在黑暗中走路。
Are you afraid of touching the dog?
你害怕摸小狗吗?
【I’m very sorry,but I can’t come.】
I’m very sorry,but I can’t come.很遗憾,我不能来。
Be sorry 后接不定式,表示“因…而遗憾或难过”,后接for…或者about…表示对“因…感到遗憾或懊悔”。例如:
I’m sorry to be late.
很遗憾我迟到了。
We are sorry for your deeds.
我们对你的行为表示遗憾。