1. 主要子句述语动词为简单过去式时,间接引句的时态变化为:
简单现在式→简单过去式;简单过去式→过去完成式;现在完成式→过去完成式;
现在进行式→过去进行式。
I want to buy something to eat.
我想买点吃的。
He said he wanted to buy something to eat.
他说他想买点吃的。
I didn’t do anything wrong.
我没做什么错事。
He said he hadn’t done anything wrong.
他说他没做什么错事。
I haven’t eaten anything for a day.
我一天都没吃东西了。
He told me he hadn’t eaten anything for a day.
他告诉我他一天没吃东西了。
My stomach is making noise.
我的肚子饿得咕噜叫。
He said his stomach was making noise.
他说他的肚子饿得咕噜叫。
2. 如果直接引句中有表示绝对过去的时间的副词,简单过去式通常不必变成过去完成式。
I was arrested in March.
我是三月份被捕的。
He said he was arrested in March.
他说他是三月份被捕的。
3. 转述假设语气的直接引句变间接引句时或表示永恒真理时不改变时态。
If I were you, I would wait outside.
如果我是你,我就在外面等。
He said that if he were me, he would wait outside.
他说如果他是我,他就会在外面等着。
Father said, "Light travels much faster than sound."
父亲说,"光比声音传播快得多。"
Father said that light travels much faster than sound.
父亲说光比声音传播快得多。