★The children are no longer young.
The children are no longer young.孩子们不再年青了。
No longer 表示“再也不”,用作状语,也可以写成not…any longer .例如:
He can do it no longer.
他再也干不成了。
I’ll come here no longer.
我再也不来了。
I won’t help you any longer.
我再也不会帮助你了。
★They put small presents in each other’s stockings.
They put small presents in each other’s stockings.他们都在对方的袜子里放了小礼品。
Each other 表示“互相”,用于两人之间。例如:
We don’t know each other.
我们互相都不认识。
We study each other and help each other.
我们互相学习互相帮助。
★You are never too old to enjoy Christmas Day.
You are never too old to enjoy Christmas Day.你总不会因年纪大了而不喜欢圣诞节。
Too…to do…表示“太…以致不能做…”。例如:
He is too old to go to school.
他太老了,不能去学校了。
The box is too heavy for me to carry it.
箱子太大了,我搬不动。