There are certain times in our lives that we need to make sure we understand everything. That’s when clarifying information becomes important. If we want to double-check, we can ask for clarification. If we want to make sure that someone has understood, you can request confirmation that someone has received the message. This type of clarification is especially useful in business meetings, but also in everyday events like taking directions over the telephone or checking an address and telephone number. Use these phrases to clarify and check information.
在我们的生活中,有时我们需要确保我们理解一切。这时澄清信息就变得很重要了。如果我们想再核对一下,我们可以要求澄清。如果我们想确保有人已经理解,您可以请求确认有人已经收到消息。这种类型的澄清在商务会议上尤其有用,但在日常活动中,如通过电话指示方向或检查地址和电话号码时也特别有用。使用这些短语来澄清和检查信息。
Phrases and Structures Used to Clarify and Check that You Understand
用于澄清和检查您是否理解的短语和结构
Question Tags
反义疑问句
Question tags are used when you are sure you have understood but would like to double check. Use the opposite form of the helping verb of the original sentence at the end of the sentence to check.
当你确定你已经理解了,但想再检查一遍时,就会使用问号。在句末用原句助动词的相反形式进行检查。
S + Tense (positive or negative) + Objects + , + Opposite Auxiliary Verb + S
主语 +时态(肯定句/否定句)+宾语+,+相对助词+ S
You’re going to attend the meeting next week, aren’t you?
你下周要参加会议,是吗?
They don’t sell computers, do they?
他们不卖电脑,是吗?
Tom hasn’t arrived yet, has he?
汤姆还没到,是吗?
Phrases Used to Rephrase to Double Check
用于重复检查的短语
Use these phrases to indicate that you would like to rephrase what someone has said in order to make sure you have understood something correctly.
用这些短语来表示你想改写某人所说的话,以确保你正确地理解了某事。
Can I rephrase what you said/have/said?
我能重述一下你说的话吗?
So, you mean/think/believe that ...
所以,你是说/想/相信...
Let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. You ...
让我看看我是否正确地理解了你。你......
Can I rephrase what you mean? You feel it’s important to enter the market now.
我能重新表述一下你的意思吗?你觉得现在进入市场很重要。
Let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. You would like to hire a marketing consultant.
让我看看我是否正确地理解了你。你想请一位营销顾问。
Phrases Used to Ask for Clarification
用来要求澄清的短语
Could you repeat that?
你能重复一遍吗?
I’m afraid I don’t understand.
恐怕我不明白。
Could you say that again?
你能再说一遍吗?
Could you repeat that? I think I may have misunderstood you.
你能重复一遍吗?我想我可能误解了你。