公司职员请求老板给予假期,因为最好的朋友明天要结婚。
尼娜:
Excuse me, may I ask a day off?
打扰一下.请问我能请一天假吗?
上司:
For what?
什么理由?
尼娜:
My best friend will get married tomorrow.
我好朋友明天结婚.
上司:
I see, are you the bridesmaid?
哦.你是伴娘吗?
尼娜:
Yes, I am one of them.
对.我是其中的一个.
上司:
Ok, you can have tomorrow off.
好吧.准你明天的假了.
尼娜:
Thank you, sir!
谢谢你!
上司:
Oh, I forgot to tell you there will be an important meeting tomorrow afternoon.
哦.忘了告诉你了.明天有个重要的会议.
尼娜:
Oh! What shall I do?
啊?那我该怎么办?
上司:
You are a section chief, don`t ask me.
你好歹是个部门经理.不要来问我怎么办.
尼娜:
I have promised her to attend her wedding.
可是我已经答应她明天去参加婚礼了.
上司:
You can find someone to attend the meeting for you.
你可以找个人替你去开会.
尼娜:
Thank you so much!
非常感谢你!
上司:
Well, only this time!
仅此一次.
尼娜:
Yes, I know! Shall I ask Jack to the meeting?
我知道了.你让杰克代我去吧?
上司:
That`s up to you.
这个你自己决定吧.
尼娜:
Ok, I will tell him later.
好的.我一会通知他.
上司:
Hope you enjoy the wedding!
祝你婚礼上玩得开心!
尼娜:
Thank you again for your understanding!
再次感谢您的理解!