早上好,我说话有点大,真是对不起。
B:Not at all ,it was fascinating.
没关系,那是很迷人的。
A: Yea what was fascinating about it?
呀,它哪里迷人?
B: You and Honey.
你和Honey。
A: It’s my kid sister.
它是我最小的妹妹。
B: Oh .
哦。
A: She just broke up with her boyfriend and she’s thinking about dropping out of law school.
她刚和她的男朋友分手,她想从法律学校退学。
B:Oh, I’m sorry.
哦,对不起。
A: No,nothing to be sorry about,that’s the way it is with men and women isn’t it?
不,没有什么对不起的,那是男人和女人处理的方法,不是吗?
B:What’s the way?
什么方法?
A:Nothing lasts.
不持久。
B: Yea ,I agree.
是的,我同意。
A: Really? Why?I’m interested.
真的?为什么?我感兴趣?
B: I was just trying to be agreeable.
我仅仅是试着去同意。
A: Okay, alright, I was sharp shooting.
行,好吧,我是锋利的射击。
No, just that nothing lasts though, that was the problem with Honey’s guy.
不,即使没有事情可持久,那也是Honey的朋友的问题。
He didn’t know what he wanted so he’s fooling around and she catches him at it.
他不知道他想要什么,他在虚度光阴,让她碰见了他。
Like one girlfreiend isn’t enough, right?
像一个女朋友,这不足够吗?
B: So you’re a one girl guy.
那么你也是一个女孩的家伙。
A: Yes I am. That’s right.
是的,我是,你说对了。
B:Right.
对。
A: Looking for her right now actually ,who knows, you might be her? Don’t laugh, I just got into town.
实际上我刚才正在找她,谁知道,你就有可能是她?别笑,我才来这个城镇。
I got the new job and trying to get into this apartment. Anyway ,so you’re a doctor.
我刚得到一个新工作,并试着住进这个公寓,总之,那么你是一个医生。
B: Hmm,how do you know?
你是怎么知道的?
A: Because everyone’s a doctor around here .
因为在这儿每个人都是医生。
This apartment building,everyone’s in greensllippers ,green pajamas the guy I’m waiting for to vacate.
在这套公寓里,每个人都拖绿拖鞋,穿绿睡衣,我一直在等他们离开座位。
A&B: Is a doctor!
那是一个医生!
A: What kind of doctor?
什么类型的医生?
B: I’m a resident ,internal medicine .
我是一个住院医生,内科医学。
A: So if I need a doctor you could be it.
那么,如果我需要一个医生,你将可能就是。
B: I could be her, yes.
是的,我将成为她。
A: You could be her.
你是她。
B: Yea, I could. I’m working at the hospitals.
是的,我能。我在医院里工作。
A: I see. It’s a lucky day, I just get in the big bad city and not only do I find a doctor but a beautiful woman as well.
我明白,真是幸运的一天,我刚进入一个大的城市,不但找到一个医生,而且还找到一个漂亮的女人。
Do you mind me saying that?
你介意我这样说吗?
B: Oh yes. of course , it’s fine,it’s fine.
哦,当然不,那很好,很好。
A: Listen ,could I buy you a cup of coffee?
听着,我能为你买一杯咖啡吗?
B: I have some patience coming in , so I should probably go.
我有一些病人来了。因此我可能要走了。
A: Yea ,yea ,I got to get to the apartment and get off to work.
行,下班后我将去那个公寓。
I’d still like to have another cup of coffee.Would you let me do that?
我仍然想再来一杯咖啡,你能让我这样做吗?
B: Well, yea,erm,okay.
好,行。
A: Deal.
亲爱的。
kind of : slightly; to some extent
有点儿。
Example: I’m not sure why,but I feel kind of sorry for him.
我不能确定为什么,但是我感觉有点对不起他。
break up with sb: end a relationship with sb.
分手,绝交
Example: He turned out to be a hypocritical person,so all his friends broke up with him.
他被证明是一个虚伪的人,因此他的所有朋友都和他断绝关系。
last: continue for a period of time; endure
持久,维持。
Example: How long do you think this fine weather will last?
你认为这个好天气会维持多久?
fool around: waste time foolishly; be idle
虚度光阴,胡混
Example: He is out fooling around with his friends again.
他又和他的朋友鬼混在一起。