1. lovey-dovey 秀恩爱,(在公开场合)卿卿我我的,过分亲热的
I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.
我可不想跟珍妮和大卫一起出门。他俩太腻歪了,让人受不了。
2. be an item 有恋爱关系
I saw Darren and Emma there. Are they an item?
我在那儿看见了达伦和埃玛。他们现在是一对儿吗?
3. love at first sight 一见钟情
My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.
我和妻子在聚会上相识,并一见钟情。
4. puppy love 初恋,青梅竹马;少男少女间短暂的爱情
- My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?
- 我儿子才12岁就开始恋爱了。是不是太早了点儿?
- Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.
- 别担心,这种早恋持续不了不久的。
5. double dates 两对男女一起约会(或出游)
I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.
真高兴你能和汤姆的弟弟恋爱。现在咱们四个可以一起出去玩了。
6. pop the question 求婚
So did he pop the question, then?
那么,接着他求婚了?
7. tie the knot 结婚
So when are you two going to tie the knot?
那么你俩什么时候结婚呢?
8. blind date 男女初次约会;相亲
Elaine arranged for me to go on a blind date with a bloke from her office.
伊莱恩安排我与她办公室的一个小伙子初次见面。
9. fix sb up with 为某人介绍对象
I’m not going to the party unless you promise me you won’t try to fix me up with another friend of yours.
我是不会去那个聚会的,除非你答应我,别把你朋友介绍给我当对象。
10. those three little words 那三个字(我爱你)
I think he loves me, but he hasn’t said those three little words yet.
我觉得他喜欢我,但那三个字他一直没说出口。
11. fall in love 相爱,坠入情网
I thought I was falling in love.
我想我堕入情网了。
12. match made in heaven 天生一对
Matt and Amanda are a match made in heaven.
马特和阿曼达真是天生一对儿。
13. head over heels (in love) 深深地(相爱)
Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.
看他俩,多么相爱啊。