工作单位的人际关系
我和他很合得来。
I get along well with him. *get along (well) with...“和……合得来”、“和睦相处”。
What’s John like? (约翰是个什么样的人?)
I get along well with him. (我和他很合得来。)
I get on well with him. *英式英语。
我跟她合不来。
I don’t get along well with her.
I don’t get on well with her. *英式英语。
我很尊敬他。
I respect him.
I highly respect him. *强调说法。
I look up to him.
我瞧不起他。
I despise him.
I look down on him.
我想和大家和睦相处。
I want to get along with everyone.
I hope I will get along with everyone. (我希望能和大家和睦相处。)
你跟她合得来吗?
Are you getting along with her? *get along“合得来”、“和睦相处”。
她根本不搭理我。
She ignored me. *ignore“不放在眼里”、“不理”、“假装看不见”。
What did she do? (她怎么了?)
She ignored me. (她不搭理我。)
She gave me the cold shoulder.
She didn’t pay any attention to me (at all).
我不知道他在想什么。
I don’t know what he’s really thinking.
I‘m not sure what he is thinking about.
I don’t really know what is on his mind.
我没有理由让人嫉妒。
I have no reason to be envied. *envy“羡慕他人或物”,“嫉妒”。
There is no reason to be jealous of me.
There is no reason to envy me.