20.Judgements 论断 ;
4.He seems normal. 5.He’s an average Joe. ;4.他显得身心正常. 5.他是典型的普通人.
6.She’s only trying to measure you up. 7.I’ll be the judge of that. ;6.她只是在称你的斤两. 7.那件事我自己会拿主意
8.Don’t throw stones. 9.That’s a terrible portrayal. ;8.不要妄下定论. 9.那是很恶劣的刻画.
10.I’m sorry I misjudged you. 11.You’re wrong about him. ;10.很抱歉,我错怪了你. 11.你错怪他了.
12.Why don’t you look at it from the other side of the coin? ;12.你何不从另一头来 衡量呢?
13.Maybe I’m a little hasty. ;13.也许我太早下定论.
14.Give him the benefit of the doubt. ;14.不要急于判断,虽在猜 疑中,仍应将他往好的 地方想.
15.Don’t jump to conclusions so quickly next time. ;15.下回可别草率作结论.
16.I won’t pass judgment on them. 17.It’s not my place to judge. ;16.那件事我不予置评. 17.我不便批评.
18.Who am I to criticize others? ;18.我算老几,哪有资格去 批评人?
19.I don’t want to cast the first stone. ;19.我不愿做第一个攻击 他的人.
20.Let him who has no sins cast the first stone. ;20.让清白无罪的人先扔 出第一个石头(去打击 坏人)吧.
21.People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. ;21.缺点满身的人, 不配指摘别人.
22.Time will tell. 23.History will judge. ;22.时间会说明一切. 23.历史会判定是非曲直.
21.Confession 供认 ;
1.Give in! 2.Admit it! 3.Confess! ;1.你认了吧. 2.你承认吧. 3.招认吧.
4.Come clean! 5.Spill your guts! 6.Give me the whole story. ;4.你快招! 5.讲实话! 6.把来龙去脉说给我听.
7.Give me all the details. 8.You’ve got to reveal it. ;7.你一五一十讲个清楚. 8.你非说不可.
9.If the soft approach doesn’t get anywhere then beat it out of him. ;9.软的不行就来硬的, 不怕他不招.
10.He won’t give me a straight answer. ;10.他不肯给我一个爽快 的答复.
11.He’s holding back. ;11.他不肯吐实. 他隐匿了某些事情 不肯说出来.
12.I plead the Fifth. 13.You are trying to shake me down. ;12.我依法保持缄默. 13.你想从我身上抖出 情报来.
14.You answer my question,or else! 15.I want direct answers. ;14.回答我的问题,否则 有你好受的. 15.我要直截了当的答复.
16.It’s show and tell time. 17.Tell it like it is. ;16.这是翻底牌见真章的 时候. 17.实话实说吧.
18.Did you or didn’t you? 19.Lay it on the table ;18.你到底做了还是没做? 19.咱们摊牌吧!
20.Level with me. 21.Be straight with me ;20.跟我说实说. 21.不许用假话来蒙骗我.
22.Cat got your tongue? ;22.怎么不说话,舌头被猫 给咬掉了吗?
23.He endured hours of grueling questioning. ;23.他忍受了数小时的 疲劳审问.
24.I didn’t do it. I swear! 25.I have nothing to do with it. ;24.我发誓我没做那件事! 25.我和这件事毫无瓜葛.
26.Tell me the truth. Don’t tell me anymore garbage. ;26.跟我坦白,不许胡说.
27.Don’t cloud it up with gossip. ;27.不要用谣言来混淆.
28.It’s just something trivial. 29.Heck,I’ll admit it. ;28.那只是不值一提的 琐事. 29.去他的,我认了!
30.A:You’re a womanizer. B:Guilty as charged. ;30.A:你是玩女人的好手. B:正如你所说的.
31.Okay,you’re onto me 32.I have a confession to make. ;31.好,算你发觉我的行踪 了! 32.我要忏悔一件事.
33.I did it, I have no excuse. 34.Fear makes a man tell the truth. ;33.是我干的,我无可推诿 34.恐惧使人吐实.
22.Frankness 坦诚 ;
1.A:Do you like her cooking? B:I would be lying if I said yes. ;1.A:你喜欢她做的菜吗? B:如果我说"是", 那我就是在撒谎.
2.Let’s get this straight. 3.Let’s be straight with each other. ;2.咱们把它说个清楚. 3.大家直来直往,不要耍 花枪.
4.Let’s show our true colors. ;4.咱们以真面目相对吧. 咱们坦诚相待吧.
5.Why can’t you level with me? 6.Let’s get everything out in the open. ;5.为何你不能对我坦白 些呢? 6.咱们打开天窗说亮话.
7.Let’s tell the truth 8.Why skirt the issue? ;7.我们把实情说出来. 8.说话何必绕着弯儿?
9.Cut the B.S. 10.Let’s get to the point. ;9.废话少说. 10.咱们直接谈要点.
11.Don’t avoid the main issue. 12.Talk straight. ;11.不要回避正题. 12.有话不妨直说.
13.Let’s just cut to the chase. 14.Let’s be open. ;13.直接谈要点吧. 14.咱们开诚布公吧.
15.Just crack the walnut. ;15.把谜底揭晓吧.
16.They’re firing you. Why not call a spade a spade? ;16.他们要轰你走, 何不明说呢?
17.From now on,I’m through hinting. ;17.从现在起,我不再用 暗示的手法. 从现在起,我有话直说
18.I’m not holding anything back. ;18.我没隐瞒任何事.
19.That’s the way to do it open and aboveboard. ;19.光明磊落才是做事的 正确态度.
20.Excuse me for being blunt,but I really don’t like that idea. ;20.恕我直言,我实在不 欣赏那个主意.
21.He makes no bones about it. 22.You make it too candid. ;21.他说得很露骨. 22.你太口无遮拦了.
23.Let’s discuss it man to man. 24.Let’s discuss it face to face. ;23.咱们像男子汉把话说 清楚. 24.我们面对面来讨论.
25.Let’s talk turkey. 26.Let’s quit playing games. ;25.咱们有话实说吧. 26.我们别再彼此玩把 戏了.
27.Why are we wasting each other’s time? ;27.何必浪费我们彼此的 时间呢?
28.There’s no danger of anyone overhearing us. ;28.不用担心谁会偷听到 我们的谈话.
29.You don’t have to whisper. 30.I like a man who stands up to me. ;29.你用不着咬耳朵. 30.我喜欢敢在我面前 直言的人.
31.He doesn’t keep things inside. ;31.他心胸坦荡.
23.Honesty 诚实 ;
1.You know I’m on the level. ;1.你知道我不会欺骗你.
2.His honesty makes him stand out in a crowd. ;2.诚实使他脱颖而出.
3.A:Do you think I should tell him? B:Well,anything less would be a lie. ;3.A:你认为我应该告诉他 吗? B:少说一句话就是撒谎
4.You’re just too honest a guy. 5.I mean what I say! ;4.你这个人未免太老实了 5.我可不是在说着玩儿的
6.I’m as good as my word. 7.You mean it? ;6.我说的话,句句算数. 7.你真有这个心意.
24.Morality 道德 ;
1.Morals today are just plain terrible! 2.He’s hard to find fault with. ;1.现在的道德心真是坏透 了. 2.他无可挑剔.
3.He’s a giant among men. 4.He’s the salt of the earth. ;3.他像鹤立鸡群. 4.他是社会的中坚人物.
5.I did what I had to do. 6.That’s unethical. ;5.我做了我该做的事. 6.那不道德.
7.It’s not only immoral. It’s illegal. ;7.这不仅违背道德, 而且触犯刑律.
8.I am not going to lower myself to his level. ;8.我不必和他一般见识.
9.I have very strong feelings about right and wrong. ;9.我明辨是非. 我是非感分明.
10.That’s unprofessional. 11.I still have some moral scruples. ;10.那不是行家的手法. 11.我还有些道德标准.
12.Be true to yourself ;12.不要欺心. 要对自己忠实.
13.It’s the principle of the thing. 14.I’m doing it for my own peace of mind. ;13.这是原则问题. 14.我这样做,只是图个 心安.
15.Sometimes,a virtue can become a vice. 16.This is no way to enter paradise. ;15.有时,美德也会变成 罪恶. 16.这是赴天堂的行径.
17.I appeal to your sense of decency. ;17.(我)请你们摸摸自己 的良心.
25.Exaggerations 夸大 ;
1.Quit laying it on. 2.You’re full of baloney! 3.What a wind bag! ;1.少吹牛. 2.你满口胡言. 3.真是牛皮大王.
4.He’s full of himself ;4.他最会吹嘘自己如何 了不起.
5.Come on!It’s not that serious. ;5.得了吧!没那么严重.
6.You’re really stretching it. 7.Let’s not go that far. ;6.你太夸大其词. 7.咱们不要扯太远.
8.Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill. ;8.勿小题大作.
9.As you know, people exaggerate. ;9.就如你所知, 人都会夸张.
10.He’s just full of hot air. ;10.他只是在虚张声势.
26.To Lie 撒谎 ;
1.He’s been kept out in the dark. ;1.他被蒙在鼓里.
2.You didn’t fall for that old story,did you? ;2.你没被那老把戏给骗了 吧?
3.It was just a little white lie. 4.That’s a barefaced lie! ;3.这只是无伤大雅的 小谎而已. 4.那是个无耻的谎言!
5.It’s just a fib. 6.I can’t believe you were so gullible. ;5.这只是个小谎. 6.没想到你如此容易受骗
7.I can’t believe you were so naive. 8.We service what we sell. ;7.想不到你居然如此天真 8.我们善尽售后服务之责
9.You’re full of it. 10.One size fits all. ;9.你满口谎话. 10.这种尺码适合所有的 身材.
11.Don’t give me that Micky Mouse shit. 12.Cut the bull shit. ;11.你少跟我编瞎话. 12.少跟我胡说八道.
13.Don’t tell stories. 14.It’s all make believe. ;13.不要乱编故事. 14.这全是假的.
15.He lied his pants off. ;15.他撒了个弥天大谎.
16.You’re distorting the truth. 17.He’s out and out lying to you. ;16.你在歪曲事实. 17.他纯粹在骗你.
18.Don’t lie to me. You’ve humiliated me enough. ;18.不要再骗我,你已丢够 了我的脸.
19.You’re not fooling me. ;19.你骗不了我.
20.You are bluffing. 21.You’re just spinning a tale. ;20.你在虚张声势. 21.你只是在捏造故事.
22.You’re making up stories. 23.It’s a cooked-up story. ;22.你在编故事. 23.这是一则虚构的故事.
24.One lie leads to another. ;24.一次谎言,引发别的 谎言.
25.Don’t cry wolf or when you’re really in trouble,no one will believe you. ;25.不要骗人说你有麻烦, 要不然真碰上麻烦时, 没人相信你.
26.You’re not a very good liar. ;26.你说谎的技术并不 高明.
27.He made up some cock and bull story ;27.你编造了些胡说八道 的理由.
28.I know him inside and out. 29.I’m no dope. ;28.我对他理外一清二楚. 29.我可不是傻瓜.
30.Don’t try to fool me.I wasn’t born yesterday! ;30.我并非昨天才生下的 婴儿,少骗我.
31.He can’t make a monkey out of me. I’m too smart for that. ;31.这种把戏骗不了我! 我太精了.
32.It’s quite a story, but we don’t believe it. ;32.这个故事很动听,但 我们偏不信.
33.She was just shedding crocodile tears. ;33.她是猫哭耗子假慈悲. 她只是假惺惺地在哭.
34.You put on a good show. 35.Don’t play possum! ;
36.I’ll show up his little farce. ;34.你演了一出好戏. 别装蒜! 我来揭穿他的把戏.