你好。
Ann:Hello Roger?This is Ann.
你好,罗杰?这是安。
Roger: Oh hi,Ann. How have you been? And how’s your new apartment working out?
哦,你好,安,过得怎么样?你的新公寓怎么样?
Ann: Well ,that’s what I’m calling about;You see ,I’ve decided to look for a new place.
那是我找你的原因,你明白的,我下决心去找一个新的地方。
Roger: Oh,what’s the problem with your place now?I thought you liked the apartment.
哦,你住的地方出了什么问题?我以为你喜欢那个公寓。
Ann: I do, but it’s a little far from campus and the commute is just killing me.Do you think you could help?
是的,但是它离的学校太远了,那段路程简直要我死,你能帮我吗?
I thought you might know more about the housing situation near the university.
我认为你应该知道在大学附近有关房子的情况。
Roger: Alright.so what kind of place are you looking for?
好吧,那么你要找什么样的房子?
Ann: Well, I’d like to share an apartment with one or two roommate within walking distance of school.
哦,我想在学校附近和几个同学合用一套公寓。
Roger:Okay,what’s your budget like?I mean how much do you want to spend on rent?
行,你的预算是多少?我的意思是你打算花多少钱去租?
Ann: Uh, somewhere under $200 a month including utilities,if I could.
如果能的话,包括家用设备在200美元以下。
Oh,and I prefer to rent a furnished apartment.
哦,我想去租一个有家具的房子。
Roger: Hmm, And anying else?
啊,还有其它的事吗?
Ann: Yeah, I need a parking space.
哦,我需要一个停车场。
Roger: Well, I know there’s an apartment complex around the corner that seems to have a few vacancies.
好,我知道在一个混合的角落附近有一套公寓,那看起来有一些空地方。
I’ll drop by there on my way to class today.
今天我去学校时顺便去看一下。
Ann: Hey ,thanks a lot.
哦,太感谢你了。
Roger: No problem.
不用客气。
working out : going well
工作运转好: 进行的好。
My new job schedule has really worked out for me.
我的新工作日程对我来说真的进行的很好。
commute : the travel between home and work or school
交换: 从家到上班或学校的一段路程。
I have to commute two hours each day to get to work.
我每天去上班都要花两个小时的路程。
utilities : public services including water gas,and electricity
设备: 公用设备包括水煤气,电器。
furnished : containing furniture ,for example ,a sofa, tables. and washing machine
装备: 包括家具,例如,沙发,桌子,和洗衣机。
vacancies : rooms not being used or rented
空白: 没有被用或租出去的房子