假期如白驹过隙,眼睛一闭一睁就过去了……
春节小长假后上班的你是不是感到十分抓狂呢?是不是有太多的事情要做却无从下手?是不是还没休息够,一工作就崩溃了?是不是经过一个挥霍的春节,已经开启吃土模式了?
下面是一些最常见的表达生气、沮丧、发怒的英语习语,必要时可加以使用。
➤ go bananas 发疯
I’ll go bananas if you ask me that question one more time.
你要是再问这个问题,我就要疯了。
➤ go nuts 抓狂
We’ve got so many complaints today, I think I’ll go nuts.
今天竟然有这么多人投诉,我简直要抓狂了。
➤ lose it 情绪失控
When Erica asked Tim to leave, he just lost it and started shouting at her.
艾丽卡让蒂姆离开时,蒂姆情绪失控,冲着她大喊大叫。
➤ go mental 发神经
Have you gone mental? Why do you keep arguing with the boss? You’ll get fired.
发什么神经?你竟然跟老板争执不休?你会被解雇的。
➤ freak out 十分不安
Mum, don’t freak out! I’ve just crashed the car.
妈,别那么紧张!我只是把车撞了。
➤ go bonkers 精神崩溃
When I was told to wait for another hour, I just went absolutely bonkers.
得知还要再等一个小时,我立马崩溃了。
➤ go berserk 变得狂躁
The crowd went berserk when they were told that all the flights had been cancelled.
得知航班取消后,人群开始躁动起来。
➤ blow one’s top 大发脾气
I think he’ll blow his top when you give him the news.
你把这个消息告诉他,他一定会大发脾气。
➤ fly off the handle 勃然大怒
My dad flies off the handle anytime someone mentions politics.
一有人谈论政治,父亲就发怒。
➤ hit the ceiling/ hit the roof 大发雷霆
I can’t be late. My parents will hit the roof.
我不敢迟到,不然我父母会发飙的。
➤ go ballistic 狂怒
My new neighbors throw parties every night. It just makes me go ballistic.
新邻居夜夜开派对,我要疯了。
➤ go off the deep end 大发脾气
I’ll go off the deep end if I get fired because of someone else’s mistake.
要是由于他人失误让我丢了饭碗,我会勃然大怒的。
➤ blow up 生气
When I saw the look on Helen’s face, I just knew she’d blow up.
一看到海伦的脸色,我就知道她生气了。
➤ pop one’s cork 发怒
I have something to tell you. Please, don’t pop your cork.
有些事我得告诉你,你千万别生气。
➤ go ape 发狂
Susie will go ape if she ever hears about it.
苏西听到这个消息,一定会受不了的。