我先问大家一个问题:你们家里有什么东西是取之不尽用之不完的?
答案是:几乎没有。
既然任何东西都有用完的时候,那我们该怎么去表达这个“用完了”呢?
Now, let’s take a look.
第一种表达方法:
be out of sth. 用完,用尽
这个句型的主语通常是人。For example:
(1). We are almost out of toothpaste. 我们的牙膏快用完了。
(2). The online supermarket will deliver goods to your home when you are out of eggs or anything else.当你的鸡蛋或者其他东西用完的时候,在线超市会给你送货到家。
(3). Sorry, the number you dialed is out of service. 对不起,您所拨打的电话已停机。(这是接线员通常会说的话,是不是很熟悉?)
第二种表达方法:
run out of sth. 用完,耗尽,花光
(1). Hurry up! We are running out of time. 快点!我们没有时间了。
(2). If I can’t find a job in a month, I will run out of money quickly.如果我不能在一个月内找到工作,我的钱很快就会花光。
(3). If we keep wasting water, we will run out of it. 如果我们继续浪费水资源,水资源就会用尽。
第三种表达方法:
use up 用完,用尽
(1). I have used up my money and have to borrow some from my parents.
我把钱用光了,只好向父母借一些。
(2). You will use up your phone’s battery very quickly by playing this game. 玩这款游戏会让你的手机电池很快耗尽。
OK! That’s it for today. See you next time!