2011年实用口语练习:背后捅刀
1、 Get off my back. 不要管我!
Why don’t you get off my back? You’ve been bitching at me all night.
你为何不让我一个人安静一下? 你整个晚上都在抱怨我。
"bitch" 是「母狗」的意思, 也有人用来骂「凶悍的女子」"bitch" 还有「抱怨」的意思,
"Why are you so bitchy today?"
你今天怎么好象是吃错药似的, 抱怨个不停?
2、leave someone alone ! 不干涉; 听其自然
Isn’t it about time Jane visited her hairdresser? Her bangs are hanging all over her face now.
Jane 该去见她的美发师了吧! 她的浏海都(长到)垂到脸上了。
Leave her alone. Maybe she likes to have her eyes covered so she doesn’t have to see your face.
妳管她! 也许她希望(头发长到)把眼睛盖住, 好看不见你的脸啊!
"leave me alone" 和上一句中的 "Get off my back" 意思很像, 都有要求别人「不要管」的意思。"hairdresser" 是花时间整理你头发的「美发师」; "barber" 则是收费低廉, 5分钟就把你的头发剪好送出门的「理发师」。
3、stab a person in the back 背后捅刀; 出卖某人
I can’t believe my best friend stabbed me in the back.
我不敢相信我最好的朋友竟然出卖我。
"stab a person in the back" 和 "sell a person out" 都是「出卖某人」的意思。
4、 take it out on a person 向某人泄怒
Be angry all you want. Don’t take it out on me. I didn’t do anything.
你尽量生气, 别把气出在我头上就是了。我又没怎样。
"Don’t vent your anger on me." 也是「别把气出在我头上」的意思。