Commuting 上班族通勤 commuter 上班族
a. Get on at the beginning of the bus line, get off at the end.
在公共汽车始发站上车,在终点站下车。
At the beginning of the bus line: 在始发站
At the end of the bus line: 在终点站
b. I walk about amile to the bus stop, just hop on the bus.
我步行大约一英里来到公共汽车站,然后跳上公共车。
Bus stop: 公共汽车站
Hop on the bus: 跳上公共车
c.Sometimes I try to meditate, as well as pay attention to the road and do some thinking.
有时候我试着冥思,同时还要注意着交通路面,想些问题。
Meditate: v. 冥思
Pay attention to: 注意
d. Because this way I can stop at the cleaners on the way in. On the way home, if I want to stop at the grocery store, I havethe advantageof getting in and out of my car versus bus.
因为这样我就可以在上班的路上顺便在洗衣店停一下。在回家的路上,如果我想在杂货店停一下,可以任意地上下我的车,这比坐公共车方便多了。
On the way in: 在上班的路上
On the way home: 在回家的路上
Grocery store: 杂货店
Havethe advantageof getting in and out of my car: 可以任意地上下我的车
Versus: 与……相比,比较
e. If I knew that I was going to be out very late at night, maybe I would bring the car so that I knew I could get home safely.
如果我晚上会回来的比较晚,或许我会自己开车,这样我可以比较安全地返家。
Get home safely: 安全地返家
f.I drive in every morning, and I park way down on Tianhe street. I have a parking permit there that I’m very lucky to get.
我每天早上开车,把车停在天河街。我在那儿有一个停车许可证,也是很幸运才拿到的。
Parking permit: 停车许可证
Parking lot: 停车场
g.Public transportation isn’t available on the route that I have to take to work, so I have to use my own car.
我上下班的那条路上没有公共交通工具,因此我不得不自己开车。
Public transportation: 公共交通工具
Available: adj. 可获得的
h.I took the subway from Boston, change lines and just a short delightfulllittlestrollin the beautiful morning.
我在波士顿上了地铁,换乘其它线,然后在美丽的早晨愉快的走一小段路。
Subway: n. 地铁
Change lines: 换乘其它线
Delightful: a. 愉快的
Stroll: n. 散步
How about you? How do you get to work every day? 你是怎么上下班的呢?