Chapter 35 Admiration ;第三十五章 羡慕
I have a special place in my heart for you. ;我很器重你。
We think very highly of him. He speaks highly of you. ;我们都很看重他。 他对你的评价很高。
I’m a big fan of yours. She respects my work. ;我使你忠实的拥戴者。 她看中我的工作。
She knows I don’t fool around. ;她知道我不打马虎眼。
You’re my main man. My top guy. ;你是我最欣赏的人, 我的顶尖好手。
You’re really something. I take my hat off to you. ;你实在要得! 我向你致敬。
They respect my opinion. You’re really cool. ;他们重视我的意思。 你真沉得住气。
He’s hip. He’s in. He’s a cool cat. ;他很时髦。 他跟得上潮流。 他像猫一样沉着。
I’m in awe of his talents. You’re a rare breed. ;我对他的才华十分折服。 你很难得。
You’re one in a million. You’re exceptional. ;你是旷世奇才。 你与众不同。
You’re outstanding. ;你出类拔萃。
If you want respect, you’ll have to earn it. ;要人家尊重你, 得先下苦功夫。
Chapter 36 Begging ;第三十六章 乞求
Just this once. Pretty ,pretty, please! ;求求你,帮帮忙!
Spare me! I’m in your hands. ;饶了我吧! 我的生命操在你手中。
I throw myself at your mercy. ;我求你发慈悲饶恕我。
Please be kind to me. ;请对我仁慈些。
Have a heart! ;发发慈悲吧!
Should I beg you on my knees? ;要我跪着求你才行吗?
Don’t impose upon others. ;别强人所难。
Don’t wear your heart on your sleeve. ;不要露出一副可怜兮兮, 祈求人同情的样子。
Chapter 37 Requesting A Favor ;第三十七章 要求施惠
God helps those who help themselves. One hand washes the other. ;自助而后天助。 人总需要互相扶持。
I feel like a drowning victim. ;我觉得像会被溺死的人。
Don’t turn your back on me. ;别对我不理不睬。
C’mon,throw me lifeline. ;行行好,救我脱困。
I hope you can help me.I’m a total mess. ;希望你能帮我的忙, 我现在已六神无主。
Put in a good word for me. I have a big favor to ask. ;替我说几句好话吧。 我想请你帮个大忙。
I won’t be long. ;我不会占用你太多时间。
We’ll see what we can do. ;我们会看看能帮的 上什么忙。
Because of you,I’ll grant his request. ;看在你的面上, 我会答应他的请求。
He’s granted it as a courtesy to me. ;他看我的面子, 答应了这件事。
I’ll see what I can do,but it’s going to cost you. ;我会看看能帮什么忙, 但这时要你花钱的,
For you everything, but what’s in it for me? ;你的好处一大堆, 但我的在哪里?
If it works. I’ll pay you back. ;如果事成, 我不会忘了你的好处。
I’ll cut you a break this time. ;这回我放你一马。
I was just trying to be friendly. ;我只是想表示友善。
Chapter 38 Asking Help ;第三十八章 请求协助
I need all the help I can get. ;我需要有人来鼎力相助。
Do it for old time’s sake. ;看在从前交情的份 上帮个忙吧。
You owe me. You owe me big. ;你欠我这个人情。 你欠我一大笔人情债。
Somebody help me, please! ;你们谁快来帮我一下!
Would it be an imposition? ;会不会太麻烦你呢?
Give me a hand. ;帮我一把。
Don’t just stand there !Do something! ;别光站在那儿发愣, 快点儿想办法!
Their moral support isn’t enough. ;他们的精神 支持无济于事。
There’s no help in sight. ;没看到半点儿援兵 前来的迹象。
She has no one to turn to. ;她呼救无门,
When I needed his help the most,he simply sat on his hands. ;我急需他援助时, 他却坐视不顾。
I had my hands full! ;我那时候忙得不可开交!
Chapter 39 Diplomatic Refusals ;第三十九章 托词拒绝
I’d like to help out,but I can’t. ;我很想帮忙, 但是做不来。
I wish I could help, but it’s out of my hands. ;希望我能帮得上忙, 但实在爱莫能助。
I have no control over this matter. ;这件事我无能为力。
Well,that’s the best I can do. ;我已竭尽所能了。
I’ll go only so far. ;我只能到此为止。
I know you would if only you could. ;我知道如果你办得到的 话,一定肯帮忙。
Chapter 40 Refusing To Help ;第四十章 拒绝援助
Nice guys always get eaten alive. ;做好人总是被 生吞活剥的。
Never raise your hand to volunteer. ;千万不要自告奋勇。
Don’t be too eager. ;不要过度热心。
Every time I play Mister Nice Guy,I get burned. ;每次做好人总是我倒霉。
What is it you want from me? ;你到底要我做什么嘛?
A:Will you fill in for me today?I’m really busy. ;A:我今天很忙, 你能代我的班吗?
B:Why should I? ;B:我何必呢?
A:Fine,see if I care! ;A:不肯就不肯, 有什么了不起!
No now! No time to stop and chat! ;现在不成。 没时间停下来聊天!
Some other time. ;改天吧!
Can’t you see my hands are full? ;你看不出来我忙 得不可开交吗?
You’re asking for the impossible. ;你在要求我做 不可能的事。
In short, I can’t help. ;长话短说。 我无法帮忙就是了。
I refuse to help. I won’t do it! ;我拒绝帮忙。 我绝不做!
A:Will you pay this debt of $1,000 for me? ;A:你肯为我还这1,000 美元的债吗?
B:Not on your life! ;B:这辈子你都甭想!
Like hell I will! Don’t count on me. ;我才不要呢! 别依赖我!
Don’t expect anything from me. ;别期待我会给你什么。
That doesn’t concern me. ;这码子事跟我没关系。
You got yourself into this,not me. ;是你惹的麻烦,不是我。
See to it yourself. ;你自己去做吧。
That’s your family affair.I have no say in it. ;那是你的家务事, 我不便插嘴。
That’s your problem, partner. ;老兄,那是你的麻烦。
It’s your headache. ;那是你自个儿的头痛。
A:I can’t do that. B:Why the hell not? ;A:我办不到。 B:哪会办不到呢?
Don’t brush me off like that. ;不要那样敷衍我。
He give me a flat out no. He gave me the cold shoulder. ;他坦率的回绝了我。 他对我很冷淡。
Chapter 41 Being Supportive ;第四十一章 乐于支持
I’m with you all the way. We’re pulling for you. ;我会帮你到底。 我们会支持你。
We’re rooting for you. We watch out for each other. ;我们替你加油。 我们彼此照顾。
They stand by each other. ;他们并肩作战。
She’s a tower of strength for her children . ;她是她子女们的靠山。
Chapter 42 A True Friend ;第四十二章 挚友
He’s a friend in need. ;他是值得信赖的好朋友。
He’s been the backbone of our family. ;他是我们家庭的支柱。
He always sticks up for the underdog. ;他总是替弱者打抱不平。
They bent over backwards to please customers. ;他们竭尽所能 地讨好顾客。
Chapter 43 Offering to Help ;第四十三章 允予相助
Need a hand? ;需要帮你一把吗?
A:May I? B:Please. ;A:可否容我为您效劳? B:请帮忙。
Allow me! ;让我来!
Let me have the honor. ;让我有这份荣幸 来为你效力。
I’m in this with you. ;这件事我会支持你。
If I need help,I promise I’ll holler loudly. ;如果需要帮忙的话, 我会向你开口。
If you need a shoulder to lean on,I’m here. ;如果你需要感情 上的支持,尽管找我。
Here’s my card.If I can be of any help, please call me. ;这时我的名片, 如果派得上用场, 请打电话来。
If you ever need me, I’m just a phone call away. ;如果任何时刻需要我, 你我之间只有一线电 话之隔。
Yell for me if you need help. ;如果你需要帮忙, 就叫我。
You think I can just stand by and watch? ;你以为我能袖手旁观吗?
I’m all the help you’re going to get. ;你会发现我是唯 一肯帮助你的人。
Does anybody forbid doing charity? ;有谁禁止人做好事吗?
Chapter 44 Willing to Help ;第四十四章 乐意效劳