Chapter 62. Misfortune ;62. 噩运
1.It’s a twist of fate. 2.Murphy’s Law is no myth. ;1.这是一个命运的逆转。 2.《墨菲定律》可不是 闹着玩的。
3.Perish the thought! 4.Would you stop saying it’s hopeless? ;3.甩掉那种念头! 4.你不要再说这些泄气 的话行不行?
5.Everything is going wrong.This is really not my day! ;5.什么事儿都出错; 我今天真是流年不利!
6.He’s up the creek without a paddle. 7.He’s got a flat and no jack. ;6.他祸不单行。 7.他屋漏偏逢连夜雨。
8.It never fails!I just washed and waxed the car and now it’s raining! ;8.真准!每次我一洗 好车打上蜡就下雨。
9.My car broke on the highway.Shit happens. ;9.我的车子坏在公路上; 什么倒楣事都会发生。
10.Every time I play the nice guy, I get burnt. 11.Why me? ;10.每次做好人, 总是我遭殃。 11.为何偏挑上我呢?
12.What a lousy luck! 13.This can’t be! ;12.真倒透了楣! 13.没这可能嘛!
14.Why is my luck so lousy? ;14.为何我的时运 如此不济呢?
15.Better luck next time. 16.Tough luck! ;15.祝你下次运气好些。 16.算你倒楣!
17.No matter what he does,he always ends up in trouble. ;17.他成事不足, 败事有余。
18.Everything’s against me. ;18.事事不顺。
19.Luck is not on my side. ;19.好运气不在我这一头。
20.My life is one disaster after another. ;20.我一生中灾难 接二连三。
21.I ruined myself with slow horses and fast women. ;21.我一生毁在赌和嫖 两个字里。
22.Life has slapped me in the face again. ;22.命运又一次掴 我的耳光。
23.I was born at the wrong time. ;23.我生不逢时。
24.I was born in the wrong century. ;24.我投错了胎, 生在错误的时代。
25.I regret the day I was born. ;25.我哀叹我出生的日子
26.When it rains, it pours. ;26.不来则已, 一来如山洪爆发。
27.Misfortunes never come singly. ;27.福无双至,祸不单行。
28.Nothing ever goes according to plan. ;28.世事之不如意者 十之八九。
Chapter 63. Blessings ;63. 祝福
1.Please pray for us. 2.I’ll remember you in my prayers. ;1.请为我们祈祷。 2.我会不时(在祷告中 纪念你们)为你代祷。
3.May all your wishes come true. 4.Keep your fingers crossed for me. ;3.愿你所有的希望成真。 4.请不时为我祈祷。
5.I wish you the best. 6.You have my blessing 7.God bless you. ;5.祝你万事如意。 6.我衷心祝福你。 7.愿神祝福你。
Chapter 64. Religion ;64. 宗教
1.Are you religious? 2.Do you observe your religion closely? ;1.你信教 2.你虔诚地奉行你的 宗教信仰吗?
3.I’m an atheist. 4.We deeply believe that a living God exists. ;3.我是无神论者。 4.我们深信有一位活生生 的神存在着。
5.He’s very religious. 6.The end is near. ;5.他是十分虔诚的信徒。 6.世界末日就快到了。
7.Listening to that preacher really helped me through some hard times. ;7.听了那位传道所说的 话,帮我度过许多难 以捱过的时刻。
8.The preacher gave a long-winded lecture on morality. ;8.这位传道说了一篇有 关道德方面,既长又 无聊的道理。
9.She doesn’t go to church much. ;9.她不常去教堂。
10.Our church doesn’t deal with secular matters. ;10.我们的教会不 过问俗事。
11.He’s a man of the cloth. 12.God forgives, let him. ;11.他是位宗教人士。 12.神是宽宏大量的, 忏悔罪愆好让他来 饶恕我们。
13.I’m praying to God. 14.They hope their prayers will be answered. ;13.我正在祷告。 14.他希望他们的祈祷 会蒙神垂听。
15.You think God really cares? ;15.你真以为神会 关怀人吗?
Chapter 65. Superstition ;65. 迷信
1.If you break a mirror,it’s seven years bad luck. ;1.如果你弄破了一面 镜子,会倒七年的楣。
2.It’s bad luck if your path is crossed by a black cat. ;2.如果黑猫横越阁下 欲通行之途径主凶兆。
3.It’s considered bad luck to walk under a ladder. ;3.从一个梯子底下 走过会带来噩运。
4.It’s bad luck to open an umbrella indoors. ;4.在屋子里头撑开雨伞 会带来不幸。
5.Friday the Thirteenth is considered an inauspicious day. ;5.星期五双逢十三号 被认为不吉利的日子。
6.Don’t step on pavement cracks or you’ll have bad luck. ;6.不要踩在水泥地的 裂缝上以免带来歹运。
7.If you spill your salt,you’ll have bad luck. 8.That’s a bad omen. ;7.如果你打翻了盐罐子, 你会遭致不幸。 8.那个个凶兆。
9.The claim that garlic wards off vampires is just old wives’ tale. ;9.说什么蒜头可以驱赶 吸血鬼,只是三姑 六婆之言。
10.This charm will ward off evil spirits,plagues, ;10.这是吉祥符可使你 回避邪灵、瘟疫,
demons,devils, monsters and all other dangers. ;妖魔鬼和所有的灾祸。
11.I’m gonna get a rabbit’s foot to bring me good luck. ;11.我去弄一只兔脚 来当吉祥物。
12.Throwing salt over your left shoulder will bring you good luck. ;12.把盐洒过你的左肩, 会带给你好运。
13.I found a four-leaf clover.I’m gonna be lucky. ;13.我找到一枚四叶苜蓿, 我要走运了。
14.You dropped a fork.Company is coming. ;14.你掉了一把叉子, 那表示快要有人来 拜访你。
15.We were just talking about you, Lisa.Were your ears burning? ;15.我们刚刚才谈到你, 丽莎,你耳朵发热了 没有?
16.Let’s make a wish and crack the wishbone together. ;16.我们先许个愿, 再一起来扯断这只 “希望骨”
17.Make a wish when you see a shooting star. ;17.看到流星时要 赶紧许个愿。
Chapter 66. Ghosts & Goblins ;66. 鬼怪
1.I must be seeing things. ;1.我一定是见了鬼。
2.I’m not a man of superstition,but I’ve seen strange things. ;2.我并非迷信的人, 但我的确亲眼 见过怪事。
3.A:I’m afraid I’ve seen a ghost. B:There are no ghosts. ;3.A:我想我遇到鬼了。 B:哪有鬼这回事?
4.There are no such things as ghosts. ;4.世间绝无鬼怪的存在。
5.Don’t be afraid of the dead.It’s the living that will harm you. ;5.不要害怕死去的人, 活人才会伤害人。
Chapter 67. Black Magic ;67. 巫术
1.She’s a medium. 2.Trick or treat. ;1.她是灵媒。 2.不请客就捣蛋。
Chapter 68. Fortune Telling ;68. 占卜
1.She’s a psychic. 2.What’s your horoscope? ;1.她是个灵媒。 2.你属什么星座?
Chapter 69. Waiting ;69. 等候
1.Wait for the bell. 2.Hold on,I’ll be right with you. ;1.等铃声响再出发。 2.稍等一下我马上来。
3.I won’t be long. Wait for me. ;3.我不会去太久, 等到我一下。
4.Try to bear with me for a minute. ;4.耐心等我一下, 我马上过来。
5.At long last,the wait is over. 6.Keep your shirt on. I’ll be right there. ;5.终于不必再等了。 6.不要急吼吼地, 我马上来。
7.How long should we wait here?Another hour? ;7.我们还要在这里等 多久?再一个小时吗?
Chapter 70. To Hurry Up ;70.急促
1.Snap to it! 2.Make it snappy! 3.Quick! ;1.快点儿! 2.快点儿! 3.快!
4.Hurry up! 5.On the double! 6.Make haste! ;4.不要慢吞吞地! 5.动作快一点! 6.快一点!
7.Get moving! 8.Get to work! ;7.快点儿做! 8.快去工作.
9.Don’t waste your time.Make it snappy. 10.Get with it! ;9.不浪费你的时间, 快做事。 10.快赶上别人!
11.Get with the program. 12.Get started. 13.Let’s hustle! ;11.快跟上别人的步调。 12.快开始做。 13.咱们赶一下!
14.Hop to it,guys. 15.Hurry up.He’s calling roll. 16.Hop to (it)! ;14.大家快点做。 15.快一点,他在点名了 16.快点!
17.Shake a leg, they’re getting impatient. ;17.快动身吧,他们已等 得不耐烦了。
18.What are you waiting for? Christmas? ;18.你还在等什么? 等着过新年吗?
19.Hurry up and get dressed.You are worse than a woman. ;19.快点穿好衣服走, 你比女人还会蘑菇。
20.You’d better hustle.He’s got a head start. ;20.你要快一点儿, 他已比你更早动身了。
21.We need to speed things up. ;21.我们必须加速进行。
22.Let’s get there early so we don’t miss out on anything. ;22.咱们早点去才 不会漏了什么。
23.I’m in a bit of a hurry. 24.We’re wasting time. ;23.我正在赶时间。 24.我们在浪费时间。
25.Stop taking your time. 26.Hurry up!We don’t have all day. ;25.不要慢吞吞。 26.快点!我们没那么 多时间。
27.We’re pressed for time. 28.We are running out of time. ;27.我们在赶时间。 28.我们的时间快用完了。
29.Every second counts. 30.It’s a race against the clock. ;29.现在分秒必争。 30.这是分秒必争的时刻
31.I’m pressed for time.Don’t get in my way. ;31.我在赶时间, 少跟我碍手碍脚。
32.We’re fighting the clock. 33.The clock is ticking. ;32.我们必须赶时间。 33.时间不断地消逝。
34.I have no time for pessimists. ;34.我不愿浪费时间 给悲观的人。
35.Can you put a little pressure on? ;35.你能稍微施点儿压力 吗?
Chapter 71. Don’t Rush ;71. 不用急
1.I won’t be long. 2.I’ll be ready in a jiffy. ;1.我不会拖太久。 2.我就完事了。
3.No rush.We still have ample time. 4.Is it that urgent? ;3.不用急,我们有的 是时间。 4.很紧急吗?
5.Take your time. 6.What’s the big rush? ;5.你慢慢地做吧, 不用急。 6.你急吼吼地是怎么回事
7.There’s still time. 8.What’s the matter?The cops chasing you? ;7.咱们有的是时间。 8.怎么回事啦?警察在 后面追你吗?
9.Calm down! 10.Be patient! 11.Don’t be so eager. ;9.平静下来! 10.耐点性儿! 11.不用那么急切。
12.One thing at a time. 13.Easy does it. ;12.不要乱做一气。 (一样一样来。) 13.不用急,慢慢来。
14.Do things step by step. 15.One day at a time. ;14.做事要按部就班。 15.过一天算一天。
16.I think you’re jumping the gun. 17.Slow down your pace. ;16.我认为你太急切了。 17.把你的步调放慢些。
18.Don’t jump to any conclusions. 19.Don’t be impulsive. ;18.不要妄下断论。 19.不要太冲动。
20.Relax,you’ll get your shot. ;20.放心,会轮到你的。
21.With people today, everything is rush,rush,rush. ;21.现代的人做事 都是急就章。
Chapter 72. Impatient ;72. 不耐
1.When is this going to end? ;1.这要到什么时候 才叫停呢?
2.We don’t have all day. 3.Time seems to going backwards. ;2.我们哪有功夫 等你一整天。 3.时间好像拖着脚在走。