意见与建议
Giving Advice or Making Suggestions
提出意见或建议
You’d better...
你最好...。(较随便)
A:What’s the matter?You look unhappy.
怎么了?你看起来不高兴。
B:I love my girlfriend but my parents disapprove of our marriage.
我爱我的女朋友,可是我父母不同意我们的婚事.
A:It’s no use complaining.You’d better talk it over with your parents again.
抱怨没有用.最好再和你的父母谈谈。
B:All right,I’ll try it again.
好吧,我再试试。
Why not ...?
干嘛不...?(较随便)
A:could you recommend a good restaurant?
介绍个好餐馆好吗?
B:Why not go to the White Rose?That’s my favorite place.
干嘛不去白玫瑰?那是我最喜欢的地方。
A:Thank you.I’ll take your advice.
谢谢。听你的。
Be sure to ...
一定要...。(较随便)
A:What’re you going to do next month?
下个月有什么打算?
B:I’ll go to France and work as an interpreter for a company.
我将去法国给一家公司做翻译?
A:That’s a good chance!
好机会!
Be sure to have your picture taken in front of Eiffel Tower!
一定要在埃菲尔铁塔前留个影!
What about...?
...怎么样?(较随便)
A:Prof.Smith,which novels should I cover first?
史密斯教授,我先读哪些小说呢?。
B:English novels or American novels?
是英国的还是美国的?
A:American novels.B:What about The Scarlet Letter?I think it’s worth reading.
美国的."红字"怎么样?我认为值得一读.
The way I see it,you should...
依我看,你应该......。(较随便)
A:I’m not on good terms with one of the guys.He’s really annoying.
有一个家伙我不在和得来,很烦人。
B:Don’t feel unhappy.We need hands in the marketing department.
别不高兴。我们市场部需要人手,
The way I see it, you should join us.
依我看你应该和我们一起干。
If I were in your shoes,...
如果我是你,...。
A:Do you thin I should join the volley ball team,Mary?
玛丽,你认为我应该参加排球队吗?
B:Why not?If I were in your shoes, I certainly would.
为什么不参加呢?我要是你肯定参加。
A:But I’m afraid it’ll take up much of my time.
可我担心占时间太多。
B:As the saying goes,all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
俗话说,只工作不娱乐,聪明孩子变笨拙。
You should take more exercise.
你该多活动活动。
You’d be unwise to ...
...是不明智的。(较正式)
A:Where’re you going,Henry?
亨利,你去哪儿?
B:I’m going to buy some stocks at the exchange center.
我准备在中心买些股票。
A:It’s a good way to make money.
那命题赚钱的好方法。
But you’d be unwish to invest all your savings in stocks.
但是用所有的积蓄买股票是不明智的。
I’d rather you didn’t...
我倒觉得你不...为好。(较随便)
Have you read oday’s newspager?There’s a very good job opportunity.
读今天的报纸了吗?有一个很好的工作机会。
B:I’d rather you didn’t apply for that position.
我倒觉得你不该去申请那个职位。
A:Why? B:You can not compete with the postgraduates.
为什么?你可不如那些研究生有竞争力。
You may/might as well...
你不妨......。(通用)
A:I’ve been working on this problem for a long time.
我在这个问题上花了好长时间。
But I still can’t work it out.
但是还是解决不了。
B:Take it easy.You might as well do something else now.
别急。你不妨先干别的事情。
May be you can find some clues later. A:I hope so.
也许以后能找到一些线索。但愿如此。
I’d suggest you...
我建议你...。(通用语)
A:What’s wrong with you ?You look very pale.
你怎么了?你脸色不好。
B:I’ve got a bad headache.A:Really?
我头痛的厉害。真的?
I’d suggest you see the doctor at once.
我建议你去看看大夫。
Would it be a good idea...?
......是个好主意吗?(通用语)
A:Bob,why are you looking so depressed?
鲍白,你怎么看起来那么不高兴?
B:Mum,I’m not a good boy.I broke papa’s glass just now.
妈妈,我不是好孩子。刚才我把爸爸的杯子打碎了。
A:Oh,sonny.Would it be a good idea to tell nim the truth?
孩子啊,把实情告诉爸爸不好吗?
B:Yeah,but I’m afraid he’ll scold me.
好是好,但是我怕爸爸责备我。
You have to ...if you listen to me.
听我的话,你应该......。(通用)
A:John,you should take good care of yourself.
约翰,你应该好好照顾自己。
B:What do you mean by this?
你的意思是什么?
A:You’re coughing all these days.
这些天你一直在咳嗽,
You have to cut down on smoking,if you listen to me.
听我的话,少抽烟。
B:Thank you for your kindness.I’ll try to give it up.
谢谢你的好意。我会高潮戒烟的。
I recommend ...
我建议......。(较正式)
A:Do I need to carry out the plan now? B:No,you’d better not.
我需要马上实施计划吗?最好现在不要实施。
A:Could you offer me some advice?
你能给我一些建议吗?
B:I recommend you to think it over.
我建议你认真考虑一下。
It seems to me that you should...
我想你应当......。(较正式)
A:I haven’t seen you or a long time.
好久不见啦!
B:Yeah,what did you do in your winter vacation? n
是啊。寒假做什么了?
A:Nothing at all.Just relaxation.
没做什么。只是放松放松。
B:Do you realize you’re putting on weight?
你没意识到你胖了不少吗?
It seems to me you should go on a diet.
好像你该节食了。
Would you be interested in...?
你对...有兴趣吗?(较正式)
A:I’ve seen little of you these days.What’re you doing?
最近很少见你,忙什么呢?
B:I’ve been tied up with my business.
工作奇谈怪论,实在脱销不开身。
A:It’s Sunday today.Would you be interested in doing something outdoors?
今天是星期天,对户外活动感兴趣吗?
B:Great!I’ve been expecting that.
太棒了!我盼着呢!
Asking for Advice or Suggestions
征求意见或建议
What do you think we should do?
你觉得我们该做些什么呢?(通用)
A:It’s fine today.What do you think we should do ?
天儿很好,你觉得我们该做些什么呢?
B:How about going out for a picnic? A:Sounds a good idea.
出去野餐怎么样?这主意听起来不错。
I’d like to have your advice on...
我想请你对......提些建议。(较正式)
A:Prof.White,I’d like to have your advice on my article.
怀特教授,我希望您给我的文章提些建议。
B:It’s good except for some spelling mistakes.
不错,只是有几处拼写错误。
What’s more,the first paragraph is irrelevant to the article.
此外,每一段与本文无关,
It should be omitted.
该把它删掉。
A:Thank you very much.
谢谢。