Yunbo: Hello!
云波:喂。
Dashan: Hi, Yunbo. Have you looked outside yet?
大山:云波,你好。你朝窗外看过吗?
Yunbo: No, I haven’t. Not yet. I’m just getting up.
云波:没有,还没有看过。我刚刚要起床。
Dashan: Oh, I’m sorry. I hope I haven’t disturbed you.
大山:噢,对不起,我希望我没打搅你吧。
Yunbo: No, it’s okay. I was ready to get up anyway.
云波:没有,没关系。我反正也要起床的。
Dashan: Well, I think it’s going to be a gorgeous day. So, how about going for a drive in the country?
大山:嘿,我觉得今天天气一定会很好。我们开车到乡间去兜风,你看怎么样?
Yunbo: Sounds like a great idea to me.
云波:我看这是个好主意。
Dashan: We’re been in Canada for almost a month now and we haven’t seen much of the countryside yet.
大山:我们来加拿大已经快有一个月了,可是我们还没怎么看见乡下的景色呢。
Yunbo: You’re right, Dashan. Rumei’s still sleeping, but I know she’ll love the idea.
云波:大山,你说得对,如梅现在还在睡觉,可我相信她会赞同这个建议的。
Dashan: Great. I’ll ask the front desk clerk for the name of the car rental agency nearby.
大山:好的。我来向服务台工作人员问问附近的汽车租赁处。
Yunbo: Okay. Let’s meet in the coffee shop in about an hour. We can all go to the car rental agency together.
云波:行,大约一个小时后我们在咖啡厅见。我们可以一起去汽车租赁处。
Dashan: See you then.
回头见。
Rumei: I can’t wait to go out into the wide open spaces. It’ll be great to unwind.
如梅:我巴不得现在就到广阔的田野里去。能轻松一下简直太好了。
Yunbo: I agree. You always come up with great ideas, Dashan.
云波:我也这么想。大山,你总是能想出好主意。
Dashan: Thanks, I think we’re going to have a terrific time.
大山:谢谢夸奖。我想我们会很开心的。
Rumei: Well, I’ve brought my camera and two rolls of film.
如梅:我么,我带上了照相机还带上了两个胶卷。
Agent: Good morning, sir. How can I help you?
经办人:你好,先生。要我帮忙吗?
Dashan: I’d like to rent a car for the weekend.
大山:我想租一辆汽车周末用。
Agent: Certainly. Do you have a reservation?
经办人:当然可以。你预订了吗?
Dashan: No, I’m afraid I don’t.
大山:没有,我没有。
Agent: Well, let me see... You’re in luck. I have a few cars left. What size car would you like?
经办人:那么,让我来查一查。你很有运气。我这儿还剩下几部车。您需要什么型号的车?
Dashan: Let’s see... We’re three adults. Have you got any mid-size cars?
大山:我想想。我们是三个大人。你有中型的吗?
Agent: Yes, I have. I’ve got a Ford. We have a special rate this weekend...$89.90, including tax. You get 800 kilometres free. Then it’s 12 cents for each additional kilometre.
经办人:有。我这儿有一部福特牌的。这个周末我们实行优惠价,89.90加元,包括税金以及800公里行程。然后每行车一公里,加收12分。
Dashan: That sounds reasonable.
大山:听起来倒是很合理。
Agent: May I see your driver’s license and a major credit card?
经办人:请给我看看你的汽车驾驶执照和一张主要信用卡,好吗?
Dashan: Here you are.
大山:给你。
Agent: Would you like to take out collision insurance?
经办人:你愿意购买交通事故保险吗?
Dashan: No, thanks. I won’t need any insurance. My credit card covers it.
大山:不,谢谢。我不需要任何保险。我的信用证包括这项。
Agent: May I have a local address?
经办人:请问您在本地的住址?
Dashan: I’m staying at the Hotel St. Jacques on Pierre Street.
大山:我们住在皮埃尔大街的圣雅克旅馆。
Agent: Can you sign this agreement in these three places? Thanks. You can pick up your car in the parking lot. Yours is the white Ford.
经办人:请您在这三个地方签字,好吗?谢谢。您可以到停车场去取车。您的车是白色的福特。
Dashan: Thank you.
大山:谢谢。