telling someone to stay calm and not to overreact
请对方保持冷静,勿做出过激反应
1. Calm down. 冷静一点.
2. Don’t get so excited about it. 别因为这事儿太激动。
3. Don’t go into hysterics. 不要歇斯底里。
4. Don’t lose sleep over it. 别因为这事儿睡不着觉。
5. Don’t let it get to you. 别让他影响你的情绪。((get to:使……沮丧)
6. Don’t be so sensitive. 别太敏感。
7. You’ll send yourself to an early grave. 你这样会未老先衰的。
8. Learn to roll with the punches. 要学会应付困难。(punch:拳击猛击。roll with the punches:拳击手避开对方的攻击,引申为从容应付困难局面。)
9. Easy does it, tom. Don’t get all worked up. 冷静点,汤姆,不要太激动。
10. Don’t fly off the handle. 不要这么冲动。(fly off the handle:发脾气,失控制。)
11. Keep cool. 保持冷静。
12. Don’t lose your cool. 要沉住气。
13. It’s important for you to keep a cool head at this moment. 这时候保持头脑冷静是很重要的。
14. It’s no big deal. 没什么大不了的。
15. Like it’s such a big deal. 就好象有什么大不了似的。( like:好像,似乎,相当于as if。)
16. You’re making a mountain out of a molehill. 你在小题大做。(make a mountain out of a molehill:把鼹鼠丘当成大山。)
encouraging someone who is preparing for a big event
鼓励即将参加重大活动的人
1. This is your big night. 今儿晚上可是你的好日子。
2. This could be your lucky day. 今天你要时来运转了。
3. This is the big moment. 这可是关键时刻。
4. This is the moment you’ve been waiting for. 你期待已久的时刻终于到来了。
5. You’ll do great. Break a leg! 你会干得很棒的。 祝你好运!(break a leg:原为对即将出场的演员的祝福。按演艺界的一种迷信观念,说不吉利的话反而能带来好运。)
6. We’re right behind you. 我们都支持你。
7. You’ll make us proud. 我们会为你骄傲的。