Susan:You have a lovely home, John. I hope you’ll show me around inside sometime.
约翰,你家很漂亮。 我希望你以后能带我去参观一下。
John:There is no time like the present. Please come right in. I’ll be happy to show you around.
现在最合适不过了。请进。我很高兴带你到处看看。
Susan:That’s very kind of you. I hope I’m not putting you to a lot of trouble.
你真好。我希望不会给你添太多麻烦。
John: 一点也不麻烦。这是客厅。 Susan:
It’s quite spacious, isn’t it? And very sunny, too.
很宽敞,不是吗?而且采光也很好。
John:Yes. The room faces south, so we have sunshine all day long.
是的。这个房间朝南,因此我们整天都有阳光。
Susan:It’s beautifully furnished.
房间佈置得很精緻。
John:I’m glad you like it.
我很高兴你喜欢。
Susan:Who is your designer and where did you ever get this furniture?
你的设计师是谁,还有,你在哪买到这些傢俱呢?
John:We hired Shields and Ross to do the design, but most of the furnishings had to be made to order.
我们请席尔斯萝丝公司帮我们设计,但大部份傢俱是订做的。
Susan:No wonder it is so nice!
难怪这麼漂亮。