Agreement and Disagreement
同意与不同意
Agreeing
同意
It sure is .
没错
A:This city is really comfortable to live in B:It sure is .
在这个城市生活很舒服。的确如此。
A:No other city can match it .It’s heaven!
哪个城市也比不了。这里就是天堂!
B:Well,if you live in other cities long enough,you’ll love them just as much.
哦,如果在其他城市住久了,你也会同样喜欢的。
Yes,...
是的,....(较随便)
A:Boxing is a brutal game,wouldn’t you say so?
拳击真野蛮!你说是不是?
B:I guess I would.It’s just too fierce. A:Yes,indeed.
我觉得是。太残忍了。是呀,谁说不是呢。
Absolutely.You said it.
你说的绝对正确!你说对了。(较随便)
A:Cigarettes production should be made illegal,wouldn’t you agree?
香烟生产应该视为非法,你同意不同意?
B:Absolutely.If no one produces them,people won’t smoke.That’s for sure.
绝对同意.如果没人生产的话,人们就不会吸烟了,这是肯定无疑的!
A:You said it .
你说对了。
I guess you’re right.
我想你是对的。(较随便)
A:I think she’s a promising writer. B:I guess you’re right.
我认为她是个很有前途的作家。没错儿。
A:Maybe one day she’ll become another Jane Austen. B:Let’s wait and see.
也许她会成为简.奥斯丁第二呢.拭目以待吧!
I think so,too.
我也这么想。(通用)
A:I think modern painting means nothing.
我认为现代艺术毫无价值。
B:I think so,too.It’s just pointless.
我也是这么想。太没意义了。
A:Then why are so many guys so crazy about it?
那么为什么有那么多的人对它着迷呢?
B:I don’t know .Maybe they’re really crazy.
说不好。也许他们真的疯了。
I suppose I do.
我想是的。(通用)
A:Paintings exhibition is worth visiting.do you agree?B:I suppose I do .
画展值得一看,你说呢?我想是的。
A:I’ve got two tickets here.Will you go with me tomorrow afternoon?
我有两张票,明天下午和我一起去好吗?
B:Sure,thank you.
太好了,谢谢。
I suppose that’s true.
我认为那是对的。(通用)
A:Don’t you think that wives should obey their husbands?
你不认为妻子应该听丈夫的吗?
B:I suppose that’s true,or there won’t be peace at home.
我认为不错,不然家里难有安宁。
A:But wives won’t think so.
但是做妻子的未必这么想了。
I believe so .
我相信这一点。(通用)
A:Children are too spoiled these days. B:Yes,I believe so.
现在的孩子太娇惯了。是啊。
A:I think it’s time we took some strict measures.
我认为该采取严格的措施了。
As the old saying goes,"Spare the stick,spoil the child."
常言道,“省下了棍子,惯坏了孩子”。
I agree.
我同意。(通用)
A:Some of the teachers are too hard on the students.
有些老师对学生太苛刻了。
B:Yeah,I agree.But some boy are really naughty.
是啊,可有的男孩子也太调皮了。
A:Maybe you’re right.
也许是吧,
But I don’t think they should have physical punishment anyway.
但是我认为对他们还是不应该体罚.
I couldn’t agree more.Definitely.
我完全同意。绝对正确。
A:Don’t you agree that all teh thieves should be punished by cuttin off their fingers?
你不认为小偷应该被剁掉手指吗?
B:I couldn’t agree more.In that case,there wouldn’t be so much stealing.
我完全同意。那样的话,偷窃就会少了。
A:Definitely.
完全正确。
disagreeing
不同意
come off it !
别胡诌了!(较随便
A:Come here,Joe.Let me tell you something bad. B:What’s it?
乔,过来,我告诉你点坏消息。什么?
A:There’ll be an earthquake tonight. B:Come off it!
今晚有地震。别胡诌了!
Don’t be so silly!
别犯傻了。(较随便)
A:Let’s cut tomorrow’s lessons and climb the hills,OK
明天不去上课去爬山怎么样?
B:Don’t be so silly!Mr.Green will be mad about us.
别犯傻了。格林先生会气疯的。
A:Don’t be angry.I’m only joking.
别生气嘛,我说着玩呢。
I can’t agree.
我不能同意。(通用)
A:Linda is a trustworthy friend of mine.
琳达是我可以信赖的朋友。
B:I can’t agree.She backbites you all the time. A:I can’t believe it!
我可不那么认为.她总在背后说你的坏话.我不相信.
I wouldn’t say that.
我不会那么说的。(通用)
A:I think there’s sure to be a nuclear war in the coming century.
我认为下个世纪会爆发核战争。
B:I wouldn’t say that.
我不同意你的观点.
If that were true,people would be destroying themselves.
如果这样的话,人们就是在自我毁灭.
A:Then why are many countries eager to develop their own nuclear weapons?
那么,为什么许多国家热衷于发展核武器呢?
I don’t like the idea at all.
我一点也不喜欢这个主意。(通用)
A:Let’s wait here a moment.
咱们等等吧。
B:I don’t like the idea of waiting at all.
我一点也不喜欢这个主意。
A:What do you think we should do?
你说怎么办?
B:Go straight to his home and call for him.
直接去他家叫他一块儿走。
I hate to disagree with you but ...
我不想反对你的观点,但是....(较正式)
A:I think grammar is very important for students.
我认为语法对学生非常重要。
B:I hate to disagree with you,
我不想反对你的观点,
but I still think listening and speaking are the most useful.
可我还是认为听说技巧最有用的。
I wish I could agree with you,but...
我希望同意你的观点,但是...。(较正式)
A:Children should be allowed to watch TV every night.
应该允许孩子们每天晚上看电视,
They can learn a lot .Don’t you think so?
他们能尝到好多东西。你说呢?
B:I wish I could agree with you,but children are watching too much now.
但愿我也能这么想,但是现在孩子们看得太多了。
It’s bad for their eyes.
这对他们的眼睛没有好处。
I’m afraid I can’t agree with you there.
恐怕在这一点上我不同意你的看法。(较正式)
A:China will finally become a super power in my opinion.What do you say?
依我看中国最终会成为一个超级大国。你看呢?
B:I’m afraid I can’t agree with you there.
这一点上我不同意你的看法。
Chinese leaders have already said china will never be a super power.
中国领导人说过中国永远不做超级大国。
A:But things will change,you know.
你知道,一切都会变的。
B:Other countries may but I don’t believe China will.
别国可能会变,但我认为中国不会的。