格里夫医生,我的体检结果怎么样?
Dr.Greeve:Well Jim,overall the results are good,but....
总的说来很好,不过……
Jim:But what?
不过什么?
Dr.Greeve:It looks like a combination of problems,but overall it’s nothing serious.
这个问题比较复杂,不过总的说来并不严重,没什么大不了的。
Jim:What’s not serious?What problems do I have?
什么并不严重?我有什么问题?
Dr.Greeve:Like I said,it’s nothing serious,but there is evidence that you’re not taking good care of yourself.
我说了,没什么大不了的,不过看起来你没有好好照顾自己。
Jim:What do you mean?I don’t smoke,and I don’t drink too much .What else is there?
你这话是什么意思?我不吸烟,酒也喝得不多。还有什么问题呢?
Dr.Greeve:Those are good,Jim,but that’s not all you should do to stay healthy.
这些都很好,吉姆。不过想要身体健康,这些还不够,
There are certain active measures that must be taken to keep fit.
还得采取一些积极的措施。
Jim:I guess I can stop eating so many fatty foods.
我想,我可以少吃一点脂肪含量高的食物。
Dr.Greeve:That’s good step,but there are still other things you must do.
这一步不错,不过还有些事情你必须做。
Jim:Well,I probably could go to the gym a few times a week,
我可能会一周去几次体育馆,
and there are times when I’m just sitting around doing nothing when I could be out and about.
当我坐着没事干的时候,我会出去走走……
Dr.Greeve:Good!I’m glad to see that you are willing to take an active approach to a healthy lifestyle.
很好!很高兴你能为健康的生活方式采取积极的措施。