琳达:爸爸,我想您帮我做点事,你可不可以在这张纸上给我签名?
DAD : Ok, but let me take a look at it first ,Hey ,keep your hands off it so I can read it!
爸爸:好吧,不过先让我看看。呃,把你的手拿开,这样我才能看得清楚。
LINDA: Are you going to sign it or not? You just said you would sign it,so do what you promised!
琳达:您签还是不签嘛?您刚才说了你会签的,您得守信用。
DAD:I said I would sign it after I read it ,huh ,what’s this about needing a parent’s permission for body piercing!
爸爸:我说过我要看了以后才签的,噢,这是需要家长许可关于身体穿刺的东西!
Young lady ,what were you thinking? Why on earth would you want a body piercing?
我的小姐,你想干什么?你究竟为什么要做身体穿刺呢?
LINDA: I knew you’d freak out if you read it!All I want is a small piercing on my tongue.
琳达:我就知道你看了以后会反应强烈的!我想要的只是在舌头上穿一个小洞。
I was even going to have the doctor do it and everying ,so I would be sterile and you would be ok with it.
我已经去过医生那儿,一切都办妥了,不会有什么问题的,你也会同意的。
That’s why I need the signature.
这就是我需要你签名的原因了。
DAD: A tongue piercing?
爸爸:舌头穿刺?
LINDA: A couple of my friends want to do it, and we’re planning on going together.
琳达:我的很多朋友都想去做,我们正打算一块去呢。
Nelly Jackson at school has one, and it looks totally cool.
学校里的勒莉·杰克逊有一个这样的洞,看起来真是酷呆了。
DAD: Young lady,I think we need to sit down and have a talk.
爸爸:我的小姐,我想我们需要坐下来谈一谈了。