嘿,我叫Ted,你叫什么名字?
Laura:What?
什么?
Ted:I said my name is Ted,what’s yours?
我说我叫Ted,你叫什么名字?
Laura:What?
什么?
Ted:I said,I’m Ted,who are you?
我说,我叫Ted你是谁?
Laura:Huh?Oh,my name is Laura.
哦,我叫Laura。
Ted:Do you come here often,Laura?
你经常来这儿吗,Laura?
Laura:Huh?I can’t hear you;the music’s too loud.
我听不清楚你说什么,那个音乐太大了。
Ted:Let’s go outside and talk.So Laura,do you come here often?
让我们到外面去谈,那么Laura你经常来这儿吗?
Laura:Hold on,my ears are still ringing from the music.So what was it you asked me?
等一下,我的耳朵里仍然响着音乐,那么,你在问我什么?
Ted:I asked if you come here often.
我问你,你是否经常来这儿。
Laura:Sometimes,usually once every a few weeks.Do you?
有时侯,每几个星期来一次。你呢?
Ted:No,this is my first time here.
不,这是我第一次来这儿。
Laura:I usually come with a group of friends.
我通常和一群朋友来。
We dance a little,have a few drinks,and just have a good time.
我们跳舞,喝一点饮料,玩的好高兴。
Ted:Yeah,that’s why I’m here.My friends dragged me here because they think I spend too much time studying.
是啊,那就是我为什么来这儿,我的朋友把我拉到这儿,因为他们认为我在学习上花了太多时间。
Laura:That’s good.It’s good to hit the books,but you need to get out once in a while.
那很好,整天看书很好,但是偶然出去一下,对你也是有必要的。
Ted:I guess so.But the music is too loud.I don’t mind getting out and meeting people,but next time I’ll do it in a park.
我也这样认为的,但是音乐太大声了,我不介意出来和朋友待在一起,但是我将会在公园里那样做。
Kelly:Here’s your change.
这是你的转变。
Norman:Wait a sec.It’s two dollars short.
等一下,差两美圆。
Kelly:No it isn’t,the ticket price went up again.
不,不是的,票价又上升了。
Norman:Again?Why do they keep doing this to me?
又上升?他们为什么一直这样对我?
Kelly:It’s not that bad.It’s only $ 5.50.
那也不太坏,仅仅5。50美圆。
I’ve heard that in New York Citythe price has risen to ten bucks.
我听说在纽约价格已经上升到10美圆。
Norman:Ten bucks!That’s ridiculous!
10美圆!那是疯了1
The price here is ok,but I don’t see why they need to raise the ticket prices any more.
这儿的价格还好,但是我不明白他们为什么要一再地提升价格。
Kelly:Well,the lead actor is making ten million for doing the film we’re going to see.
好了,那个导演花了10亿美圆去制这部电影,我们打算去看。
Norman:Ten million!What is he going to do with all that money?
10亿,他打算用这些钱干什么?
And why do I need to pay him that much?
我又为什么给他那么多钱?
Kelly:His salary is only a fraction of the film’s cost.
他的薪水仅仅是片价的一部分。
I read that the film took fifty million to make.
我知道那部电影花了50亿美圆去制造。
Salaries were a big part of it,but a lot of it went towards special effects and costumes.
薪水占大部分,但是很大部分都用于特别的效果和服装。
Norman:But why do they need to be so greedy?
但是他们为什么要如此贪婪?
A lot of great films are made on really small budgets.
很多好电影都由小的预算制成。
Kelly:Hollywoodis just like a business.
好莱坞就像一个企业。
They put a lot of money into these films,and expect to get a lot back.
他们都把大量的钱投入到这些影片中,并期望得到更多的回收。
Norman:But why am I the one who has to pay for it?
但是为什么我就是那个要付出的人呢?
David:What are you doing now Kate?
Kate你现在想干什么?
Kate:Nothing much.I am just chatting on the Internet.
没什么事,我在网上聊天。
David:Cool.I love Internet chat.Do you use ICQ or OICQ?
太酷了,我喜欢网上聊天,你是用ICQ还是OICQ?
Kate:Yeah,sometimes.But I prefer to stay at a public chat room and talk to many cybernauts.
是的,有时用,但是比较喜欢进入公共聊天室和一些网虫聊天。
You know,it’s just too exciting.
你知道,太有意思了。
David:Have you ever made a good friend on the Internet?
在网上你曾经交过好朋友吗?
Kate:Yeah heaps.Sometimes I even meet them in real life!
是的,很多,有时候我曾经在真实的生活中见过他们!
David:Don’t you worry that they might be a weirdo or something though?
难道你不怕他们是怪人或什么的?
Kate:I am always careful,and I take a friend with me if I meet someone from the Internet.
如果我从网上遇见什么人,并和他交朋友,我总是很小心的。
David:That’s good idea.Can you give me some clues to help me meet some friends using Internet chat?
好主意,你能给我一些提示帮帮我用网络聊天来结交朋友吗?
Kate:You just want me to teach you how to meet a girlfriend!
你只想要我教你怎样去交女朋友!
David:There’s no fooling you Kate!You are too smart for me.
骗不了你,凯特!你太聪明了。
Kate:I will teach you about Internet chat if you help me with my English so that I can chat with foreigners!
我将教你用网络聊天,如果帮助我的英语,这样我就可以和外国朋友聊天!