很多人英语已经不错了,但总感觉不是很地道。碰到不会回答的问题,还是条件反射地回答“I don’t know.”虽然英语贵在简洁,但和老外交流只会一种说法,让人感觉很boring...今天,一起来看看哪些花式说法让你英语up,up,让老外也给你点赞!
除了I don’t know,「不知道」还能怎么说?
1. I have no idea/clue. 我不清楚。
2. I can’t help you there. 这个,我真帮不了。
3. Beats me. 这真问倒我了(非正式)。
4. I’m not really sure. 我真不太了解。
5. I’ve been wondering that, too. 我也疑惑呢。
职场宫心计,很多时候全靠猜测。那么,猜测的各种说法,如何表达呢?
工作中,如何表示个人猜测?
1. If I had to take a guess, I’d say she’s about 35 years old.
要我猜的话,她估计35岁左右。
2. It’s difficult to say, but I think our customers are more satisfied.
这很难说,但我觉得我们的客户更满意。
3. Off the top of my head, I’d say the company has 500 employees.
我大概估算下,这家公司有500名员工。(Off the top of my head: 没有仔细查数据,不假思索)
4. I wouldn’t be surprised if Peter asks Mary to quit the job.
如果Peter让Mary辞职的话,我一点也不吃惊。
5. There’s a good chance the company will go bankrupt.
这家公司很可能会倒闭。
6. I have a feeling/hunch the boss won’t be happy about this.
我有种感觉老板对此不太高兴。(hunch = an instinctive feeling)
7. I bet he’ll be late.
我敢打赌他会迟到。
8. Your guess is as good as mine.
猜测总归是猜测 (= I don’t know)
工作中很多时候需要做决策,英语中关于“决策”有哪些说法呢?
工作中,如何谈做决策?
1. I’m debating between option A and option B.
我还在选项A和选项B之间犹豫不决。
2. I can’t make up my mind.
我下不定主意。
3. I’m on the fence.
我现在左右为难。(= I’m in the middle, I don’t know what to decide)
4. I’ll take that into consideration.
我会考虑那个的。
5. I’m having second thoughts.
我再重新考虑看看。(= I’m reconsidering my decision)
6. He convinced/persuaded me to quit the job.
他劝我辞职的。
7. Looking back, I know it was the right decision.
往回看,我知道那是正确的决策。
8. It’s up to you.
(= You can decide) 由你来做主。
疲惫是工作的常态,没有一份工作不费心力,“累了”要怎么说呢?