Chapter 36. Sports ;第36章 运动
1.Did you enter the tournament? ;你报名参加比赛了吗?
2.I drew you as my partner in the contest. ;我抽到和你同一组比赛。
3.Don’t forget the ping-pong match tonight. ;不要忘了今晚的乒乓球 赛。
4.He’s a lean,mean, fighting machine. 5.Good smash! ;他是一架锐不可当的战斗 机器。 好一记杀球!
6.He just hit a home run. ;他刚刚击出了一支全垒打
7.Wanna warm up first, or shall we just start? ;要先做一下暖身运动, 还是直接开始?
8.Why don’t you work on your dribble? ;你何不去练习一下你的 运球呢?
9.Save your breath. ;不要白费力气。
10.I think we’d better just play touch. 11.Let’s not take seriously. ;我想我们点到为止就 好了。 不要真枪实刀地干起来。
12.Golf playing is a symbol of status and prestige. ;高尔夫球是地位与威望 的象征。
13.I’m nuts about this game. 14.I don’t follow sports. ;这个游戏我玩疯了。 我不关心各项运动。
15.Remember,no hitting below the belt. ;记住,不许攻击对方的 小腹。
16.After three fouls, he was put on the bench. ;累积三次违规后, 他被判出场。
17.Let’s go play catch 18.He ran it out. 19.Game over. ;我们去玩接球。 他跑完全场得了一分。 比赛结束。
20.I’m going for some skinny-dipping. ;我要去裸泳。
Chapter 37. Scores ;第37章 得分
1.I got one point again. 2.He scored. ;我又得了一分。 他得分了。
3.What’s the score now? ;现在的比数是多少?
4.I don’t know what the score is.I’ve lost count. ;我不知道分数是多少, 我忘了计算。
5.They’re trailing six to twelve. 6.It’s a standoff. 7.Game! ;他们以六比十二落后。 这是个僵局。 时间到!
Chapter 38. Aggressive Sportsmanship ;第38章 积极的运动精神
1.We’ll slaughter you. 2.Let’s give them hell ;我们会打得你们 落花流水。 给他们苦头吃!
3.If they want to be tough,let’s play hardball. ;如果他们耍狠,我们也跟 他们来硬的。
4.Okay,guys.Let’s give them a run for their money. ;好,咱们大伙儿来跟他们 打场硬仗。
5.You have to keep one step ahead of the these guys. 6.Let’s wipe them out. ;你非得先发制人不可。 咱们去干掉他们。
Chapter 39. Unexpected Defeats ;第39章 意外失败
1.He’s gaining on you. 2.He’s a strong contender. 3.He’s no lightweight. ;他快赶上你了。 他是个强力的竞选者。 他并非等闲之辈。
4.I thought I had him beat and then he turned the tables on me. ;我本以为我已打败了他, 没想到他反败为胜。
5.Now it’s a whole new ball game. ;这又是一场全新的战况。
Chapter 40. Victory ;第40章 胜利
1.He’s pulling away from the pack. 2.We really kicked their butts. ;他逐渐脱颖而出。 我们痛快地整了他们一顿
3.We demolished them. 4.We killed them. 5.He’s invincible in tennis. ;我们干掉了他们。 我们宰了他们。 他打起网球来所向无敌。
6.We’re got them demoralized. 7.We’ve got them confused. ;我们已瓦解了他们的斗志 我们弄糊涂了他们。
8.I have met the enemy and brought him to his knees. ;我已遭遇到敌手,并使 他俯首称臣。
9.She’s favored heavily to win that match. ;许多人都看好她会赢 那场比赛。
10.He won first place in the speech contest. 11.My game! ;他在演讲比赛里获得 第一名。 我赢了。
12.Checkmate! 13.It’s a victory for a just cause. ;将军! 这是为正义所打的一场 胜仗。
14.One man’s loss is another’s gain. 15.To the victor go the spoils. ;某人之失,适值为另一人 之得。 战利品归胜利者所得。
Chapter 41. Defeats ;第41章 受挫
1.He left me in the dust. ;他使我无法望其项背。
2.A:How was the game? B:We got creamed. B:We got skunked. ;球赛打的如何? 我们输惨了。 我们被整惨了。
3.Don’t make a sour face just because you lost. 4.You’re a sore loser. ;不要因为输了而愁眉苦脸 你是个输不起的人。
5.He’s a bad loser. 6.They are such poor sports. 7.Relish this moment. ;他是一输就乱发脾气的人 他们的运动精神太差了。 珍惜这胜利的时刻吧。
8.You are a good sport ;你的运动风度良好。
Chapter 42. Consolation To Losers ;第42章 安慰输家
1.It’s disgusting when you lose all the time. ;老输不赢不是滋味。
2.Don’t feel bad.You can’t win them all. 3.Win some lost some. ;不要难过,岂有老赢不输 的道理呢? 生活中免不了有的有失。
4.It’s not as bad as you think. ;还没像你想的那么糟。
Chapter 43. The Importance Of Winning ;第43章 赢之重要
1.I know how much you want to win. 2.Winning is everthing ;我知道你求胜心切。 “赢”字之重要更 甚于一切。
3.Fair play is more important than winning. ;公平比赛比打赢更重要。
Chapter 44. Unfair Games ;第44章 比赛不公
1.It was no contest. 2.He eased up and let me win the match. ;这算不得是比赛。 他故意不使出全力而让我 赢得了比赛。
3.A one-sided game is no fun at all. 4.It doesn’t count this time. ;一面倒的球赛没看头。 这次不算。
5.They threw the game. ;有人付钱故意要他们吃 败仗。
6.That game is fixed. 7.I want a rematch. ;那场比赛的输赢 事先已讲定。 我要求重新比赛。
Chapter 45. Being Ambitious ;第45章 野心勃勃
1.She always loves to tackle a man’s job. 2.He’s a real go-getter. ;她老是喜欢和男人 一较高下。 他雄心万丈。
3.She’s driven to succeed. ;她是不成功誓不甘休的人
4.When he sees an opening,he goes for it. ;他是钻营之辈,一有机会 立刻攀缘附会。
A:He’s an ambitious man. ;他是野心勃勃的人。
B:That goes without saying.He’s in politics. ;那还用得着说吗?他是 搞政治的人嘛!
5.I’m not going to let you chip away at my career. ;我不会让你一分一分地 毁了我的事业。
6.I’ll get it,beg, borrow or steal. 7.Nobody gets in my way. ;为了到手,我不择手段。 谁也不许挡我的路。
8.He’s Machiavellian. 9.He doesn’t care whom he steps on in order to get there. ;他是谋求权势的人。 为达目的,他不在乎把 谁踩在脚下。
10.You don’t have to stoop to such low tactics. 11.He’s power hungry. ;你犯不着使用卑鄙的伎俩 来达到目的。 他渴求权利。他渴慕权势
12.I underestimated his ambitions. 13.Diamond cuts diamond! ;我低估了他的野心。 强中自有强中手!
Chapter 46. Overdoing ;第46章 过分
1.You’ve gone too far. 2.I overreacted. 3.Too much of a good thing is a bad thing ;你做得太过火了。 我反应过度。 太多的善事就成了坏事。
4.Do everything in moderation. ;凡事都要适可而止。
Chapter 47. Refusing To Give UP ;第47章 不服输
1.I refuse to admit defeat. 2.It’s not over until the fat lady sings. ;我绝不认输。 鹿死谁手,犹未可知。
3.I never concede a point. 4.Stand your ground. ;我从来不肯做半点退让。 要坚定你的立场。 (要站稳你的脚跟)
5.He won’t cave in to public protest. ;他不会向群众的抗议 屈服。
Chapter 48. Surrender ;第48章 臣服
1.The heck with it! 2.It won’t matter. 3.Your crying won’t help. ;去他的蛋! 这帮不了忙。 你哭也无济于事。
4.It won’t help. 5.I give up! 6.He isn’t putting up a fight. ;这帮不了忙。 我放弃了! 他没打算抵抗。
7.You quit too easily. 8.I’m running out of gas. 9.All right,you win. ;你太轻易放弃。 我已没气力了。 好吧,我认栽了。
10.They are retreating. ;他们正在撤退中。
Chapter 49. Faliure ;第49章 失败
1.Nothing went right! 2.We’re not even close to our target. 3.He’s a has-been. ;什么事都不对劲! 我们预定的目标还远的很 他是个过气人物。
4.The whole thing’s gone sour. 5.Let’s face it. We blew it. ;整个计划都泡汤了。 面对现实吧,我们已把 事情搞砸了。
6.It was over before it began. 7.It’s curtains for him. ;这是未战先败。 他完了。(他的事业, 投资或生命危在旦夕)
8.You have failed miserably. 9.The experiment crashed and burned. ;你败得很惨。 这项实验一败涂地。
10.He’s done for. 11.Back to the drawing board. ;他已一蹶不振。 我们再从头做起吧。
Chapter 50. Failing With Dignity ;第50章 虽败犹荣
1.It almost worked. 2.They made a valiant effort even though they lost. ;差点就办成。 虽然他们输了,却已显出 英雄本色。
3.Our efforts weren’t all in vain. 4.They fought a good fight. ;我们的努力并没白费。 他们打了漂亮的一仗。
5.It’s better to fail and move on than to fail forever. ;跌倒了再爬起来,也远比 一直倒在那儿强。
6.I failed,but nobody can say I lost. ;我没办成,但谁也不敢说 我输了。