21.你骗不了我。
I’m from Missouri.
22.见机行事
Play to the score.
23.肯定有人唆使他去干那件事。
There must be someone who had put him up to that.(正式:唆使=instigate)
24.他不是不愿意帮助你,而是他心有余而力不足。
It’s not that he doesn’t like to help, but that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is week。
25.事到如今,我们也只好听其自然了。
With things as such, we’ll have to let things slide.
26.这几天不知是什么事把我搞得心烦意乱的。
I don’t know what has set my nerves on edge these days.
27.让过去的事过去吧,我们还是好朋友。
let bygones be bygones. we are still friends.
28.昨天晚上好险哪。 老板同一个女职员在办公室动手动脚的,差一点儿让他的妻子给撞上。
The boss had narrow squeak last night in his office,his spooning with a girl clerk was almost found out by his wife.
29.这场旱灾是百年不遇的。
This draught occurs once in a blue moon.
30.算了吧。
Let’s call it quits.
31.她的嘴很紧。
she’s tight-mouthed.
32.别跟我瞎吹了,我又不是不了解你底细。
No big talk with me. I have your number.
33.玲玲是她爷爷的掌上明珠。
Ling Ling is the apple of her grandpa’s eye.
34.杰克体形匀称,个头儿适中,一双大眼睛炯炯有神 ,成了许多女孩子追求的目标。
Jack, with a body well-proportioned, about the middling, a pair of intense big eyes, has become the target of many pretty girls.
35.从人口数量方面讲,印度仅次于中国。
Talking about the size of population, India is next only to China.
36.我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。
I wouldn’t freeload.
37.对牛弹琴
Casting pearls before swine.
38.我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。
I didn’t know. i was only a shot in the dark.
39.他们开车到外面兜风去了。
They drove the car and went out for a spin.
40.你为什么总拿别人开心?
Why should you always like to rib others?