Chapter 92 Moving ;第九十二章 迁居
I’m pulling up stakes. ;我要搬家了。
Why can’t we just move away from here? ;我们干嘛不干脆 迁离此地。
I don’t want to leave our native soil and take up residence in a foreign country. ;我不愿背井离乡, 移民到国外定居。
He changed his residence. ;他换了住所。
Where do you live? ;你住在哪里?
What street do they live on? ;他们住在哪一条街呢?
I was born and raised here. I’m quite a stranger here. ;我在这里出生长大。 我对这儿很陌生。
I feel like a fish out of water here. ;我好像离水之鱼。
Chapter 93 Immigration ;第九十三章 移民
Every ship brings rats along with regular cargo. ;每一批移民里, 都会掺杂几名坏分子。
He’s a stowaway. ;他是偷渡者。
Chapter 94 Renting & Eviction ;第九十四章 租房与逐客
They’re kicking me out on the street. ;他们在逼我搬出去。
Finding an apartment in this town is murder. ;想在这个镇上租到 公寓十分困难。
Chapter 95 Housekeeping ;第九十五章 家事整理
Put everything away. ;把每样东西都归回原位。
It’s clean as a whistle in here. ;这里一尘不染。
Her house is spotless. ;她的房子整理的 窗明几净。
Pick up this mess. ;收拾一下这狼籍的场面。
The house is such a mess.Please ask him to wait until I tidy up. ;屋子里头一团糟, 请跟他说等我收拾 一下再进来。
I keep everything organized. ;我每样东西都保持 得井井有条。
You would like my mother.She has a neat streak like you do. ;你会喜欢我母亲, 她和你一样有洁癖。
He’s a compulsive cleaner. Give it the white glove test. ;他有强烈的洁癖。去 查查看弄干净了没有。
This shirt is soiled. ;这件衬衫脏了。
He clutters up his dorm with too much junk. ;他的宿舍里, 垃圾堆积如山。
He’s such a pack rat. ;他太舍不得抛弃杂物。
That pile of trash is an eyesore. ;那堆垃圾是碍眼之物。
That room looks like a pigsty. ;这房间活像个猪圈。
I’m doing the spring cleaning. Dust off the counter. ;我在做春季大扫除。 把柜台上的灰尘掸 一下。
Don’t muck up the floor. Wipe your feet when you come in. ;不要弄得泥泞满地。 进门时,先把你的鞋 子在垫上刮干净。
I’ll hose down the car and clean it up. ;我用水管把 车子清洗一下。
Using a little muscle when you’re cleaning the stove. ;你清理炉台时, 加把劲儿。
Put some elbow grease into washing those tires. ;加把手劲儿洗那些轮胎。
A woman’s work is never done. ;女人家永远有做 不完的工作。
Cleaning the bathtub is a backbreaking chore for me. ;清洗澡盆,对我而言 是种腰酸背痛的苦差 事。
These stains just won’t come out. ;这些斑点怎么都洗不掉。
Chapter 96 Plants & Gardening ;第九十六章 植物与园艺
The forest is teeming with life. ;树林里充满了生机。
The park is blooming with pretty flowers. ;公园里盛开着 美丽的花朵。
Please sprinkle some water on those plants. ;请替那些植物浇些水。
Let’s get rid of these weeds once and for all. ;咱们来清除这些杂草。
It’s time for you to trim the hedges and weed the garden. ;又到了你修剪树篱笆和 清除花园杂草的时候了。
Chapter 97 Garbage & Recycling ;第九十七章 垃圾与回收
Don’t be a litterbug! ;不要当乱抛 废物的垃圾虫。
This is not a dumpsite for your trash. ;这不是你倾倒 废物的垃圾场。
Pick up your trash. Don’t throw your cigarette butts around. ;把你丢的垃圾捡起来. 不要乱丢烟蒂。
Get rid of that junk. Empty the ashtray. ;把那个废物去除掉。 把烟灰缸去清倒一下
I’ll take out the garbage. People create garbage. ;我把垃圾拿到外头去。 人们制造垃圾。
Garbage is a necessary evil. ;垃圾令人讨厌, 却又无可避免。
The problem of illegal waste dumping has mushroomed in the last decade. ;非法倾倒垃圾的问题,在 最近十年来如雨后春笋。
There’s money in garbage. ;垃圾里头有钱可赚。
One man’s junk is another man’t treasure. ;某甲之废物, 也许是某已之珍宝。
Chapter 98 Air Pollution ;第九十八章 空气污染
The air in this mill stings the eyes. ;这加工厂里的 空气会刺激眼睛。
This thin cotton mask is no protection against poisonous fumes. ;这薄棉花口罩, 哪能保护你免于 吸入毒气?
We should stop contaminating the air. ;实在不该污染空气。
It’s stuffy in here. It’s heavy in here. ;这儿闷得很。 这里的气氛很凝重。
The fresh air feels marvelous. ;清新的空气, 使人心旷神怡。
Chapter 99 Driving ;第九十九章 驾车
I do lot of city driving. ;我常在城里开车。
It’s hard to maneuver here. ;车子在这儿很难调头。
Put a quarter in the meter.I don’t want to get a ticket. ;放一个25分辅币到计 时收费器里,我不想 吃罚单。
Please validate my parking ticket. ;请在我的停车单上 加盖免费图章。
He swerved to avoid hitting a dog. ;他紧急闪避, 以免撞到一只狗。
I don’t like sitting in the front passenger seat. ;我不喜欢坐在右前座。
I don’t know how to drive a stick. ;我不懂得开手 排挡的车子。
I can’t put it in gear. Let’s give it a spin. ;我的排档吃不进去。 咱们去兜一圈。
Let’s go for a ride. Keep the mortor running.I’ll be right back. ;咱们去兜兜风。 别让引擎熄火, 我马上回来。
Buckle up! Let’s go! Let’s roll! ;把安全带扣上。 走吧! 我们开车吧!
Punch it! Can’t this thing go any faster? ;快走! 这部车子不能再 开块点儿吗?
Those two guys are always drag racing at the stoplights. ;这两人经常在红绿灯 十字路口赛车。
This guy drive with a lead foot. ;这家伙好开快车。
He’s so reckless, he’s driving like a kamikaze pilot. ;他胡乱驾车,像神风特工 队的自杀飞行员。
Where did you get your license? ;你的驾照是哪儿买来的?
We’ve been driving for an hour.Let’s take a pit stop. ;我们已经开了好你 个小时,到休息站 停留一下吧。
Chapter 100 Driving Advice ;第一百章 驾车之忠告
Watch the road. Don’t keep on nodding off. ;当心开车, 不要老打瞌睡。
I can drive a car in my sleep. ;我就是睡着了也能开车。
It’s drizzling out and the roads are slippery. ;外边儿正下着毛毛雨, 路面滑溜得很。
This is a bumpy road. Watch those bumps. ;这条路高低不平。 当心那些耸起的路面。
Don’t use high beams when you drive in thick fog. ;在浓雾中驾驶, 不可使用远光灯。
The oncoming high beams are blinding my eyes. ;迎面而来的汽车远光灯, 把我的眼睛照花了。
Keep your hands on the wheel! ;把你的手放在驾驶盘上!
Turn your wheel to the left nice and easy. ;轻巧的把你的方向 盘转向左边。
A:Slow down! B:Any slower and we’ll be walking. ;A:开慢点儿! B:在慢点儿, 就像老太婆在散步了。
I’ll keep my speed down. I can’t stand back-seat drivers. ;我会慢慢开。 我受不了有人在 后座指挥我开车。
Chapter 101 Purchasing a Car ;第一百零一章 购车
I’m a car freak. This car is a babe magnet. ;我是爱车狂。 这款车子很吸引女性。
The car is well tuned. ;这部车子顺的很。
This car comes with all the bells and whistles. ;这部车子装上了所有 豪华的部件。
This car is loaded with many new features. ;这部车子装置了 许多新功能。
The car is in mint condition. ;这部车子状况极佳。
It’s a brand new car I have to break it in slowly. ;这部新车我们得开慢 点儿,以度过初级阶段。
He drives around in a beat-up old car. ;他开这一部破旧 的车子到处跑。
I have a special passion for that jalopy. ;我对那部老爷车 有种特殊的感情。
A:Why don’t you sell this pile of trash? ;A:干嘛你不把这堆废 铁给卖了?
B:I would,but who’d want it? ;B:我想卖啊, 但有谁买呢?
A:Why don’t you sell this bucket of bolts? ;A:你何不把这部破车子 卖掉呢?
B:I would,but nobody would buy it. ;B:我要卖啊,但没人买。
If you’re looking for trouble,go buy a used car. ;如果你要自找麻烦的话, 去买一部二手车吧。
You’re selling me a lemon. ;你想卖给我一部中 看不中用的车子。
It’s a trouble-prone car. ;这是一部毛病百出 的车子。
Chapter 102 Gas Station ;第一百零二章 加油站
Before we hit the road,we’d better gas up. ;上路之前,我们最好先 把油箱加满。
Make sure we don’t run out of gas. ;要确实弄清楚我们 不会半途耗光汽油。
Oh,no,we ran out of gas! ;啊,不好, 我们的汽油烧光了。
A:What’ll it be? B:Super.Fill. ;A:要加什么? B:加满高级汽油。
B:Five dollars worth of regular. ;B:加5块钱普通汽油。
B:Fill her up with unleaded premium. ;B:加满无铅高级汽油。
A:Would you like me to check your oil? ;A:要查一下机油吗?
B:Go right ahead. B:No,thanks. ;B:你查吧。 B:不用了,谢谢你。
I Prefer full service to self-service gas stations. ;我比较喜欢全面 服务的加油站。
This old car is a gas-guzzler. ;这辆老爷车耗油很凶。
Chapter 103 Car Trouble & Repairs ;第一百零三章 汽车毛病及修理
Does that truck run? ;那部卡车开得动吗?
I hear a pinging sound when I accelerate. ;我每次踏油门时, 都听到进排气阀 啦啦作响。
There’s a growl in my engine.Think you can fix it? ;我的引擎很怪声, 你会修吗?
The car keeps tilting to the left. ;这部车子老是偏向左边,
I’d like to get a front wheel alignment. ;我想做前轮定位。