Chapter 102 Quitting Time ;102. 下班时间
1.Let’s call it a day. 2.Let’s wrap things up for the day. ;1.今天到此为止。 2.我们今天做到 这儿结束。
3.If you don’t mind, I’d like to go now. ;3.如果你不介意的话, 我想下班走了。
4.It’s quitting time. Sir,May I leave now? ;4.现在已到下班时间。 先生,我可以走了吗?
5.She’s gone for the day. ;5.她已下班了。
Chapter 103. Working Environment ;103. 工作环境
1.Which outfit are you with? 2.He runs a tight ship. ;1.你是哪个单位的? 2.他管理着一个高效率 的办公室。
3.Folks work here like one big happy family. ;3.这里的同事们, 亲切得像一家人。
4.I would like a transfer. ;4.我想调到另一部门。
5.Illegal aliens are often put to work in sweatshops. ;5.非法居留的人常被 弄去血汗坊做苦工。
6.Most people hate manual labor. ;6.大部分的人都讨厌 体力工作。
Chapter 104. Getting Fired ;104. 解雇
1.You’re always late. ;1.你老是迟到。
2.A:Sorry I’m late. B:It’s okay this time, but don’t make it a habit. ;2.A:抱歉我来迟了。 B:这次没关系,但不要 养成(迟到的)习惯。
3.His days of working here are numbered. ;3.他在这儿工作的 日子不长了。
4.You’re trying to kick me out. 5.He’s paying me off. ;4.你存心赶我走。 5.他想用钱逼我辞职。
6.I can’t afford to lose that job. 7.I’m afraid that I have to let you go. ;6.我丢不起那份工作。 7.我不得不请 你离开公司。
8.There are too many employees and not enough work. ;8.我们的雇员太多而 没足够的工作做。
9.He was fired for unethical conduct. ;9.他因行为不检 而被解聘。
10.The fool who did this is fired. ;10.我要开除了干 这种事的蠢才。
11.They booted him out 12.I can find plenty of people to replace you. ;11.他们把他革职了。 12.我可以找到许多人 来取代你。
13.I got laid off last week. 14.She just got the ax 15.I lost my job. ;13.我上星期被解雇。 14.她刚刚被炒了鱿鱼。 15.我掉了差。
16.Your getting fired was a blessing in disguise.Now you’ve found a better job. ;16.你被革职反倒因祸 得福,你现在的工作 比从前更好。
Chapter 105. Quitting A Job ;105. 辞职
1.Go ahead and quit! I’ll find someone else! ;1.你尽管辞职不干, 我会另请高明!
2.If he wants to go, let him go. ;2.如果他执意要走, 就让他走。
3.There are plenty of fish in the sea. ;3.要找工作做的人 多的是。
4.You are not the one and only. ;4.天底下又不光是你 一个男(女)人。
5.It’s your decision if and when you quit. ;5.辞不辞职和几时走, 都取决于你。
6.He no longer works here. ;6.他不在这里上班了。
7.If you leave here, nobody can take your place. ;7.如果你走了, 没人能接你的工作。
8.Nowadays,young people just pick up and leave. 9.He took my place. ;8.这年头的年轻人 说走就走。 9.他取代了我的职位。
Chapter 106. Change Of Career ;106. 变更职业
1.This is a dead end job. 2.Is this a temporary career? ;1.这份工作没出息。 2.你这是没马找马骑 (的工作)吗?
3.Being a taxi driver is too small for you. ;3.当出租车司机, 你未免太大材小用。
4.You need a more challenging job. ;4.你需要一份更充满 挑战性的工作。
5.Your talents merit a much higher position. ;5.你的才干可担当 更高的职位。
6.Does law interest you? ;6.你对法律这一行 感兴趣吗?
7.Why don’t you try a change of scenery? ;7.你干嘛不换个差事呢?
8.A:Are you looking for a better job? ;8.A:你在找一份更好 的工作吗?
B:I’m grateful for the one I’ve got. ;B:我有这份工作就 已很感激了。
9.He jumped ship. ;9.他弃职潜逃。
Chapter 107. Boss ;107. 老板
1.I’m my own boss and answer to no one. ;1.我自己当老板, 不用对谁负责。
2.The boss always gets the headache. ;2.公司里出了什么问题, 总是老板在担忧。
3.I’m the one who can’t sleep at night. 4.He’s the boss. ;3.我是那个每晚 无法成眠的人。 4.他是老板。
5.A good boss takes no nonsense. ;5.一个好老板,不会 听任他的属下胡来。
6.Must we maintain this ridiculous boss-employee relationship? ;6.我们非得保持这种 可笑的老板-雇员关系 吗?
7.Here comes the boss and he’s on the warpath. ;7.老板杀气腾腾地 走过来了。
8.My boss really chewed me out. ;8.老板把我骂得 狗血淋头。
9.The boss has gone on quite a rampage. ;9.最近老板心绪不好, 老是骂伙计。
Chapter 108. Labor Problems ;108. 劳资问题
1.There are always labor problems. 2.I can’t hold those guys in check. ;1.老是有劳资纠纷。 2.我控制不了这些人。
3.Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. ;3.用不着和你的老板 过不去。
4.Remember,a boss always wants a day’s work for a day’s pay. ;4.你要记得,做老板的都 希望你领一天的薪水, 踏实地干一天的活。
5.I got off on the wrong foot with the new boss. ;5.我一开始工作,就给 新老板留下了坏印象。
6.The boss is always right. ;6.老板永远是对的。
Chapter 109. Striking ;109. 罢工
1.The workers are holding a sit-down strike. 2.He’s a scab. ;1.工人在举行静坐罢工。 2.他是个奸细。
Chapter 110. Lousy Worker ;坏员工
1.You don’t belong here. 2.I can’t handle this job. ;1.你不适合在这儿 (工作)。 2.这工作我做不来。
3.He’s not up to the job. 4.I have a very fussy sidekick. ;3.他无法胜任那份工作。 4.我有个婆婆妈妈的帮手
5.He always does a half-assed job. ;5.他做事老是虎头蛇尾。
6.It’s a pathetic effort. 7.She keep lousing up at work. ;6.这是白费力气。 7.她的工作不断出错。
Chapter 111. Good Worker ;111. 好员工
1.He’s an ace in my hand. ;1.他是我手中的一张王牌
2.Sometimes,I forget how useful you are! ;2.有时,我竟忘了你多么 能干。
3.He’s my right-hand man. 4.You’re absolutely indispensable. ;3.他是我的得力助手。 4.少了你办不成事。
5.He’s the ideal worker. 6.You’re one of the best men I’ve got. ;5.他是理想的工人。 6.你是我手下的最佳 之干才。
7.You’re the straw that stirs the drink. ;7.你是我们当中的推动力
8.You’re one of a kind. 9.No one can take your place. ;8.你无与伦比。 你独一无二。 9.没人能取代你的地位。
10.You’re irreplaceable. 11.You’re the mainstay here. ;10.你无可取代。 11.你是这儿的台柱人物。
12.He’s a jerk,but he gets the job done. ;12.虽然他不好相处, 但却能胜任份内工作