忙碌的一天
May: So Susan,do you have anything planned for this Saturday?
媚:苏珊,星期六有什么打算吗?
Susan: Uh, I’m kind of busy.Why do you ask?
苏珊:嗯,我有点忙,有什么事吗?
May; Oh, I was wondering if you like to ger together and do something , like catch a movie or take a walk down by the lake.
媚:哦,我只是想知道你是否愿意和我在一起做点什么事,就像看看电影,在湖边散散步。
Susan: I’d love to, but I’m really going to be busy all day on Saturday.
苏珊:我很愿意去,但星期六整天我真的很忙。
May: What do you have going on that day?
媚:那你去干什么?
Susan: First ,my mom asked me to help clean the house in the morning ,and then I have a denist appointment at 12;30.
苏珊:首先,我母亲叫我上午帮她打扫房子,然后和我一个牙科医生约好在十二点半见面,
I can’t miss that cause I’ve canceled twice before.
我不能再错过了,因为我在此之前取消两次了。
May: Well , what about after that?
媚:那么,你做完这些事后可以吗?
Susan: Well ,I’m going to be running around all day.
苏珊:我得忙碌一整天,
After the dentist appointment ,I need to meet Julie at 2:00 to help her with her science project that’s due on Monday morning at school.
和牙科医生见面后,在两点钟我必须去会见朱丽,帮助她完成学术报告,那规定要在星期一早上上交的。
May: Okay,but are you free after that?
媚:好,但在那之后你有空吗?
Susan: Hardly,then I have to pick my brother up from soccer practice at 4:30,
苏珊:几乎没有,在4:30我必须去足球训练场接我弟弟,
and my mom asked me to cook dinner for the family at 5:30. I feel like a slave sometimes.
并且我妈妈又叫我在5:30做好晚餐,有时候我感觉我真像个奴隶,
Then I have to clean the dishes and finish reading my history assignment .Who knows how long that’ll take.
然后我还必须洗碗,完成历史作业,谁知道那需要多长时间。
May: Wow,sounds like you’re going to have a full day.
媚:哦,听起来真是满满的一天,
Hey listen ,why don’t come over later in the evening ,and we can make some popcorn and watch a movie.
嘿,听着,我岂不是可以晚点过来,我们就可以做些爆米花,看看电影了。
Susan: Oh, that’d be great ,but our video machine is broken.
苏珊:哦,那太好了,但是我的录像机坏了。
May:Huh, well, let’s just play a game or something.
媚:这样的话,我们就玩玩游戏或其它什么东西。
Susan: Sounds good ,but give me a call before you come .My mom might try to come up with something else for me to do.
苏珊:太好了,在你来之前给我个电话,不然我妈妈可能又会想出点东西给我做。