【Where’s North Street Hospital,please?】
Where’s North Street Hospital,please?请问北街医院在哪儿?
这是个问路的句型,本单元类似的问路句型还有:
Which is the way to East Park,please?
请问到东方公园怎么走?
How can I get there?
我怎样去那儿(北街医院)呢?
直接使用祈使句:
Go along this street,and take the second turning on the right.
沿着这条街走,在第二个拐弯处向右拐。
Walk along this road and turn right.
沿着这条路走,然后向右拐。
Go on until you reach the end.
往前走,一直走到头。
Go down this street until you reach the second traffic lights.
沿着这条街道往下走,一直走到第二个交通灯处。
告诉对方情况:
I’m sorry I don’t know.
对不起,我不知道。
It’s about two kilometres there.
大约有两公里。
You may ask the policeman.
你可以问警察。
【Go on until you reach the end.】
Go on until you reach the end.向前走,一直走到尽头。
Until 表示“直到…为止”,可以作介词,也可作连词。也就是说,until 后面接一时间短语或者一从句。例如:
We worked on until eleven yesterday.
我们昨天工作到十一点。
I won’t go to bed until I finish my homework.
我做完作业才去睡觉。
【He’s ill in hospital.】
He’s ill in hospital.他生病住院了。
In hospital 表示“住院”,英语中有些地方名词前加冠词和不加冠词是有区别的。加冠词表示具体的地方,不加冠词表示一种抽象的与地方有关的事情。例如:
We go to school everyday.
我们每天去上学。
An old man came to the school for a talk.
一位老人来学校作了一次报告。
You are ill.You should go to bed now.
你病了。你应该去睡觉。
【It’ll take you about half an hour.】
It’ll take you about half an hour.你将要花半小时的时间去那儿。
本句中的take 表示“花费”,用于某事情花费人的时间或者钱财。例如:
It took us one week to finish the work.
我们花费了一周的时间完成了这项工作。
The bike took my three hundred Yuan.
这辆自行车花了我三百元。