英语中的连续
When we say a sentence in English ,we join or"link" words to each other.
当我们说一个句子时,我们把词语互相“加”起来或者是“连”起来。
Because of this linking ,the words in a sentence do not always sound the same as when we say them individually ,
因为这种连读,一个句子中的词语才不会听起来总是像我们一个一个地将它们说出来一样。
Linking is very important in English.If you recohnize and use linking,two things will happen:
连读在英语是很重要的,如果你学会了运用连读,下面两件事情就会发生。
1 You will understand other people more easily.
你会更容易理解别人说的话。
2.other people will understand you more easily.
别人会更容易理解你说的话。
There are basically two types of linking .One is that we link words ending with a consonant sound towards beginning with a vowel sound .
连读基本上有两种。 一中就是我们把以辅音结尾起来读。
The other is that we link words ending with a vowel sound to words beginning with a vowel sound..
另一种就是我们把元音结尾的单词与元音开头的单词连起来读。
Linking is the sound,not the letter.
连读是声音的连接,不是字母的连接。
Often the letter and the sound are the same,but not always.
英语中一个字母和它的发音往往是一样的,但并非总是如此。
For example, the word "pay" ends with the consonant letter "y" while the vowel sound is "a" .
例如,单词“pay” 是以辅音“Y”结尾的,却是以中间元音发音的。
Here are some more examples below
下面有更多的例子证明。
though/ know
虽然/知道
ends with the letter h w
以字母h,w 结尾
begins with the letter u h
以字母u ,h 开头
begins with the sound y o
发音是以y,o 开始的。
When a word ends in a consonant sound, we often move the consonant sound to the beginning of the next word if it starts with a vowel sound.
当一个词以辅音结尾时,我们常常把该辅音的发音挪到第二个单词的前面同一个元音一块发音。
For example, in the phrase"turn off"
例如, 在词组"turn off"中。
we write it like this turn off
我们这样写。
We say it like this tur noff
我们却这样读
Remember that it’s the sound that matters ,In the next example."have" ends with .
记住: 这只是与声音有关。下一个例子,看看" have" 。
the letter "e" the sound "v"
那个字母e, 那个声音V.
So we link " have " to the next word "a " which begins with a vowel sound
因此我们把have和下一个单词的a 以元音开始的单词连读起来。
We write it like this Can I have a bit of egg?
我们这样写 :
We say it like this : Ca-nI-ha-bi-to-fegg?
我们却这样说:
When one word ends with a vowel sound and the next word begins with a vowel sound ,we link the words with a sort of"w" or"Y" sound.
当一个单词以元音结尾下一个单词以一个元音开头时,我们用一种“w” 或" y" 的声音将它们连起来。
If our lips are round at the end of the first word,we insert a "w" sound:
如果在发最后一个单词时我们的嘴唇处于圆形的位置,我们可以插入一个"w"的音。
We write it like this too often who is so I do all.
我们像这样写
We say it like this toooften whowis sowI dowall
而我们却这样说:
If our lips are wide at the end of the first word ,we insert a "Y" sound.
如果在发最后一个单词时我们的嘴唇处于开阔的位置,我们可以插入一个"y" 的音。
We write it like this I am Kay is the end she asked
我们这样写它
We say it like this Iyam Kayyis theyend sheyasked
而我们却这样读: