一、用(Here’s)to...表示:
1.Here’s to your health / success. 为你的健康 / 成功干杯!
2.Here’s to our friendship! 为我们的友谊干杯!
3.Here’s to Tom for his new job! 为汤姆的新工作干杯!
二、用health, luck等表示:Good health! Good luck! All the best!例如:
1.Your health, John—May you have a successful time in Manchester 为了你的健康,约翰,也祝你在曼彻斯特前程似锦!
2.Helen raised her glass,“Good luck to you!” she said. 海伦举起酒杯,说道:“祝你好运!”
三、主人或主持人邀客人喝酒时,通常用Cheers! Do the honors!例如:
1.He raised his glass,“May you success! Cheers!” 他举起酒杯说:“祝你成功,干杯!”
2.Pat, you do the honors and propose the toast. 帕特,你敬酒吧。
四、在比较随便的场合,通常用Here’s how!还有Happy landing!(美俚,原为空军用语)等。例如:
Oh,come, come,David. Here’s how! 噢,来呀,来呀,大卫,干杯!
五、在比较正式的场合,英美人有时也用一些外来语。例如:
Prosit!(来源于拉丁语,意为May it do good! To your health/ good luck! etc. )
六、在陈述句中,英美语通常用toast,round, drink to,drink a toast for / to, propose a toast for 等词表示。例如:
1.Friends,I’ll give you a toast — to our president! 朋友们,我给大家敬酒,为我们总统干杯!
2.I now propose a toast to the friendship between our two people — to our friendship. 现在,我提议为我们两国人民的友谊干杯!