You’ve got mail
网上情缘
JOE: So he didn’t exactly answer.
因此他没有确切地回答。
KATHLEEN: He did too. He mailed me . He knew exactly what I was up to. Which is just like him.
他也如此,他了解我,他知道我是什么样的人,他就是这样的人。
JOE: But he didn’t exactly answer ,did he? Did he?
但是他没有确切地回答,是吗?是吗?
KATJLIEEN: No.
不。
JOE:Maybe he’s fat.
或许,他是肥胖的。
KATHLEEN: I don’t care about that.
我在意这些。
JOE: You don’t care that he might be one of those guys who’s so fat he has to be removed from his house with a crane?
你不在乎他可能是那种肥得需要起重机才能将他从屋子里搬出来的人?
KATHLEEN: That’s very unlikely.
这太不可能。
JOE: Why else do you think he’s putting off meeting you ?
有其它的原因他要推迟和你见面吗?
Although ..maybe that’s not it Maybe...
虽然。。或许不是这样子的,大概。。。
KATHLEEN:What?
什么?
JOE:Never mind.
不要介意。
KATHLEEN:What????
什么????
JOE:He could be waiting till he’s paroled.
他可能在等着假释。
KATHLEEN:Oh,you won’t believe this,there was a moment when George thought he might be the rooftop killer,which was completely ridiculous
哦,你不能相信这个,在George认为他有可能是顶级杀手那一时刻,那完全是疯狂的。
JOE:What’s his handle?
那干什么事?
JOE:Come on.I’m not going to write him.Is that what you think?
来吧,我不打算和他写信,这是你认为的吗?
KATHLEEN:NY 152.
NY152。
JOE:One five two. One hundred fifty two.Very interest-ing.He’s 152 years old.He has 152 hairs remaining on his head.He’s had 152 moles removed and now he has 152 pockmarks.
152,152,非常有趣,他是152岁,他有152根头发留在头上,他已经取了152颗痔,现在他有152颗痘。
JOE:His combined college board scores.
他的大学入学总分。
KATHLEEN:His IQ.
他的智商。
JOE:The number of women he’s slept with.
他和女人睡觉的次数。
KATHLEEN:The number of times he’s seen The Godfather.
他看教父的次数。
JOE:That’s the first good thing I’ve heard about him.
那是听到关于他的第一件好事。
KATHLEEN:His address.No,no,no.He would never do anything that prosaic.
他的地址,不,不,他从来不做平凡的事。
KATHLEEN:(cont’d)The only thing I really care about besides the married thing...and the jail thing...is the boat thing.
除了结婚的事情外,我唯一关心的事就是监狱的事,还有小船的事。
JOE:The boat thing?
小船事?
KATHLEEN:I could never be with anyone who has a boat.
我从来不跟一个有船的人在一起。
JOE:Oh.
哦,
KATHLEEN: So that clinches it. We’ll never be together .I’ll take care of these .
那件事情一定要定死,我们将会永不在一起,我很在意这些。
He picks up a mango,squeezes it.
他挑选一个芒果,用力挤。
JOE:I could never be with anyone who likes Joni Mitchell.
我将从不能而后一个喜欢Joni Mitchell的人相处。
It’s cloud’s illusions I recall, I really don’t know clouds at all.What does that mean?
我回忆它是天空中的幻想,我真正的一点都不了解天空,那是什么意思?
JOE:How’s your book coming?
你的书是怎样出来的?
KATHLEEN:There’s a children’s book editor I know,from the store ,and she’s excited to read it when I finish it.
从一个书店里,我认识一个有关儿童书的编辑,当我完成它时,她很兴奋地去读它,
Who would ever have thought I’d write?
谁曾经想到是我写的?
I mean ,if I didn’t have all this free time.I would never have discovered-
我的意思是,如果我没有这些自由的时间,我将从来不会发现,
KATHLEEN:The truth is ,he was the one who made me start thinking about writing.
事实上,就是他让我想到写作。
JOE:Mister 152 Felony Indictments.
152先生,重罪控告。
KATHLEEN: Mister 152...insights into my soul.
152先生,洞察我的灵魂。
JOE:Yes,Well .Can’t compete with that.
是的,好,不能为这个争吵。
KATHLEEN:Well I keep bumping into you.Hope your mango’s ripe.
我总是无意中遇到你,希望你的芒果成熟了。
JOE:I think it is .Want to bump into me Saturday? Around lunchtime?
我也是这么认为的,想在星期六遇见我吗?大约在午餐时间?