首先在英文中,我们尽量避免使用fat这个词,而另一个词“chubby”可能会委婉很多chubby face则表示胖嘟嘟的圆脸,我们可以说,You look a little chubby these day. (你最近看起来脸更圆了);第二种表达,也是避开fat,用weight来代替,lose weight是减肥,那么gain weight就是变胖,我们可以说You’ve gained some weight during this winter.(今年冬天你胖了些)。
最近在网络上出现一组,更加婉转又有趣的表达,一起学起来吧。
The moment you enter my world, I care for nothing but you.你的出现吸引了我全部的视线。
Silently and motionlessly as we stand, we get closer with time.
我们就这样默默站着不动,可距离又近了一厘米。
I cannot see anyone but you.
我的眼睛里全是你。
The longer we are together, the fonder my heart becomes towards you.
你在我心中,分量越来越重。
Sweetheart, I delight at your satisfied stomach.
亲爱的最近很开心,胃口很好,我真高兴。
Holding her, I utter my wonder: is it that my hands turned shorter?
搂着她对她说,我的手是变短了吗?
With every minute, I feel your weightiness.
你对我越来越重要。
Oh my silly, see how you get chubby as the temperature increases?
傻瓜,你为什么像水一样?一到夏天就热胀冷缩。
Perhaps it is time for us to renew your closet.
我再给你买几件新衣服吧!
Her hand in mine and under the moonshine, she hears me sigh: soon, you will be as full as the moon.
月夜,牵起她的手说:月圆人更圆。
The day we part, thousand miles from each other we are, you are still in my sight.
我送你离开,千里之外,你依然还在。