Steve:I see. But looking professional is important. If you don’t look good, people will think you are not a good or smart person and they might not trust you either.
我知道。但着装职业化也是很重要的。如果外表不好的话,人们会认为你不是一个好人或者不是一个聪明的人,他们也不会信任你。
Steve:Would you like to see our new shirts?
您要看看我们的新款衬衣吗?
Salesgirl:Sorry, I’m not really that interested in those things.
不好意思,我对那些东西不是很感兴趣。
Steve:They are very nice, you know.
您知道,这些衬衣非常不错。
Salesgirl:Really?
是吗?
Steve:And not expensive either.
并且还不贵。
Salesgirl:Oh, I don’t care about that.
哦,我不关心这个。
Steve:Everybody’s buying them.
很多人都在买。
Salesgirl:Are they?
是吗?
Steve:Yes, they are very fashionable, you see.
是的,您看,它们很时尚的。
Salesgirl:I’m afraid I’m not interested in fashion. There are so many other really important things in the world. Fashion seems so truly…unimportant.
恐怕我对时尚可不感兴趣。世界上有很多真正重要的事情。时尚其实真的…不重要。
Salesgirl:But thank you very much all the same?.
不过我还是要谢谢你。
Steve:Sorry. I couldn’t help you.
很遗憾,没能给您提供任何服务。