随着工作环境的改变,很多人,都对未来表示担忧,
both those preparing to start a career and those having to adjust to job changes and job losses.
无论是那些准备开始事业的人,还是那些下岗,跳槽的人。
Stable and secure positions have disappeared.
现在再也没有安稳的职位。
The future of work itself is being debated.
甚至就业本身的未来也正引起争议。
Organizations have reliquished the responsibility for employee’s professional development.
机构单位已经不再对雇员的专业发展负上责任,
You have been put in charge of your own career .
这令你成为你自己前途的主宰。
Managing it will be a life process.
经营你的事业将成为你终生的事情,
Discover your place in the world where you will be able to enjoy a high level of wellness.
你要在世上寻找让你安好的位置,
Choose work that will be compatible with your own unique skills,knowledge,personality,and interests.
你应该找一些适合你个人的能力、知识、性格以及兴趣的工作,
Define the balance that you would like to have with your work ,finances ,health,and relationships with family friends and colleagues.
还要在你的工作、收入、健康和跟亲友的关系之间取得你理想中的平衡。
be proactive! Don’t just react to whatever chance or luck brings your way.
要积极主动!不要只是空等机会或运气的到来。
You success depends upon understanding the changing nature of jobs and careers .
你的成功基于你对工作以及事业生涯改变的认识。
Be aware of trends,both local and global.
要不时留意着地方性与世界性的潮流。
Big companies are getting smaller they are downsizing and delayering,thereby reducing the number of promotions potentially available.
大公司的规模都在逐渐变小,他们都纷纷裁员与缩减部门,差使原本晋升的机会大大减少。
Companies are giving off functions to their suppliers ,outsourcing ,or entering into joint ventures,
现在的公司不是把工作外判给供应商或在外面聘请人做事,就是搞合资,
opening up opportunities for entrepreneurs.
这样,给企业家带来了更多的机会。
With existing technology,many small businesses can compete in the international marketplace just as easily as multinational corporations do.
凭着现今的科技,小公司也能跟跨国公司在国际市场上竞争。
It is anticipated that many emerging careers will generate fewer new positions than in the past.
有人预料许多新兴行业不会象以往的行业提供那么多的就业机会,
Fields experiencing major growth will demand job applicants with specific academic majors and work experience.
迅速发展的行业也会要求雇员有相应的专业知识及工作经验。
Some academic programs will have limited options for employment .
有些专业的工作出路比较少,
For those graduates, it may be necseeary to get additional preparation through special courses or a second degree.
这时候便需要修读其他额外的课程或多修一个学位。
In addition to whatever academic background they specify,employers say they are looking for a person
除了学术基础以外,雇主也要求雇员是个有独立决断能力、自觉学习的人,
who is an independent decision-maker and selfmanaged learner,with a positive work attitude, a well-rounded education with math and computer litercy,
并有积极的工作态度,全面的知识基础——懂数学、计算机和交际技巧
communication skills including good use of words and grammar ,interpersonal and time management skills,flexibility ,and dependability.
包括有良好的语言能力,懂得处理人际关系和安排时间,还要灵活、可靠。
Employers seem to be more interested in what you have done with your talents than on what talents you possess.
雇主注重的是你怎样运用你的才能、而并非看你拥有什么才能。
Your resume then is a testimony to "I have accomplished..." rather than "I am... "
因此,你的简历应该证明“我干过......”而不是“我是......。”
Whether you are self-employed or an employee ,acting in a more enterprising way will give you a competitive edge.
无论你是替你自己打工还是跟别人打工,更多的进取心会使你更有竞争力。
To get fewer rejections and better results ,enter the job market with market-able skills
要避免挫败和取得更好成绩,你就应该拥有符合就业市场的各种技能,
Follow a "customer-driven" approach.
你要遵循“以顾客为先”的途径,
You will need to make sales presentations about yourself to potential buyers, possibly from all over the world.
你要把你自己推销给有潜力的买家,这些买家很可能是来自世界各地的,
It’s hard to sell a product or service if you are not confident in it and cannot see the value to the purchaser.
如果你自己本身对一件商品或者一项服务没有信心,而且看不到他对买方的价值,你是根本不可能把它推销出去的。
Therefore ,believe in yourself and show the benefits you offer.
因此你必须要有自信并且要向别人展示你的优点。
Polish your presentations and deliver them enthusiastically to the right market.
做好你的自我介绍,并切要瞄准适当的市场。
One caution.weigh the need for the employer to contact you with your need for safety and privacy when you go public with your credentials,
要小心的是,当你的个人资料有必要公开,你必须要衡量雇主跟你联络的需要和保护你个人安全和隐私权的必要。
particularly when using the Internet.
尤其是通过互联网。
Carefully select the type of workplace to fit your needs .
要精心挑选适合自己需要的工作。
Some work environments provide great financial rewards but require long hours and produce high stress levels.
有些工作提供优厚的薪金但是工作时间长,而且工作压力大。
Some organizations encourage emloyees to be creative and take risks on one hand but then show displeasure when staff question existing procedures.
某些机构一方面鼓励员工勇于创新、冒险,但另一方面又不满员工挑战现有制度。
Some workplaces create conditions that permit the body ,mind and spirit to thrive allowing employees to perform better.
而有些工作则容许员工的身心自由发展,使他们的表现更出色。
Attitude is how you respond to situations in your life.
你如何对待生活境遇就是你的生活态度。
Keep a sense of humor .
你需要保持一份幽默感。
Don’t worry about the future!Prepare!
不要只是为未来担忧!现在开始准备吧!
Visualize satisfying work,and expend your energy on locating customers who have needs you can fulfill.
找一份自己喜欢的工作,用你的精力寻找那些你能够满足他们需求的顾客,
Develop goals and strategies to make your dreams come true.
为实现你的理想定下目标和方案。
The Career Development Mamual has been prepared to guide you through the necessary steps,
“职业发展指南”都会在必要的过程中给予你指导。
whether you are looking for your 1st job or your 21st.Begin now with Step1,self-assessment.
无论你是在找你的第一份工作还是第21份工作,现在就开始第一步----自我评估吧。
Ten steps to planning your career.
去计划你的事业的十个步骤。
1.Develop a career plan, Think about what you want to do and find out more about the kind of training education,and skills you will need to achieve your career goal.
确立一个职业计划。考虑你想做什么工作,并且发展更多的你所需要的实现你就业目标的培训,教育和技能。
2.Assess your skills and interests,
评估你的技能和兴趣,
Think hard about what you enjoy,what you are good at ,what kind of personality you are ,and the values you hold.
仔细地考虑你喜爱什么,擅长什么,你是什么类型的个性和你的价值观。
3.Research occupations,Find out more about the nature of the jobs that interest you,
工作调查,找出更多关于你感兴趣的工作的性质,
such as educational requirements,salary, working conditions, future outlook ,and anything else that can help you narrow your focus.
诸如学历要求,薪水,工作条件,未来的前景和其他任何能帮助你缩窄选择范围的信息。
4.Compare your skills and interests with the occupations you’ve selected.
对比你的技能,兴趣和你所选择的职业。
The career that matches your skills, interests ,and personality the closest may be the career for you.
与你的技能、兴趣和个性最吻合的工作也许就是你的职业了。
Choose your career goal.
选定你的职业目标。
Once you’ve decided what occupation matches up best with you, then you can begin developing a plan to reach your career goal.
一旦选定了与你最相配的职业,你就可以开始逐步实施使你达到职业目标的计划了。
6. Select a school that offers a college degree or training program that best meets your career goal and financial needs.
选择一所能提供大学学位的学校,或者是能从实现职业目标上和经济上都能满意的学校。
7.Find out about financial aid to help support you in obtaining your career goal.
找出关于支持你实现职业目标的经济援助的信息。
8.Learn about job hunting tips as you prepare to graduate or move into the job market.
当你将要毕业或者进入人才市场的时候,要学会觅得工作的技巧。
9.Prepare your resume ,and pracice job interviewing techniques.
准备好你的履历,和练习应付面试的方法。
10.Go to your career guidance center(at your middle school, high school, or college)or local library for additional information and help on career planning.
前往你们的就为指导中心(在你们的初中、高中或大学内)或者当地的图书馆获取更多的信息和职业计划的帮助。