Spoken American English 3 ;
1. To Reprimand 斥责 ;
1.Shame on you! 2.What possessed you to do that? ;1.真丢脸! 2.你被什么迷了心窍, 竟做得出这种事?
3.How reprehensible! 4.Your behavior was inexcusable. ;3.应该好好地骂一顿! 4.你的劣行无可推诿.
5.Don’t you pull this stunt now. 6.Look at what you’ve done. ;5.你少来这一套. 6.看你干了什么好事?
7.Behave yourself! 8.Do you know how late it is? ;7.放规矩点儿! 8.你知道现在有多晚了吗
9.Lay it on him. 10.Why are you snapping at me? ;9.去骂他一顿. 10.你干嘛对我穷叫个 不停?
11.Let him have it with both barrels. 12.Give him all you’ve got. ;11.让他吃不完兜着走. 12.拿出你全部力量去 对付他.
2. To Punish 处罚 ;
1.You broke the neighbor’s window. Now go tell them and face the music. ;1.你砸破了邻居的玻璃窗 坦白去认错和挨骂吧.
2.Don’t take it out on me. ;2.不要把怒气发泄在我 身上.
3.He only got a slap on the wrist. 4.You made your bed. Now lie in it. ;3.他只受到轻微的惩罚. 4.你造的孽,现在去 自作自受吧.
5.Wait till I get my hands on him. 6.There will be hell to pay at home. ;5.等我逮到他时,你看我 怎么对付他. 6.等回了家,有你好受的.
7.He needs a good spanking. 8.I’m gonna tan your hide! ;7.他需要好好地打一顿 屁股! 8.我要打你屁股.
9.I’m going to nail his ass to the wall. 10.I’ll break his neck ;9.我要教他当众出丑. 10.我会弄断他的脖子.
11.I’ll tear him apart 12.I’ll break his knee caps. ;11.我要把他拆成十八块. 12.我会敲碎他的膝盖.
13.I’ll break his legs 14.An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth ;13.我会打断他的狗腿. 14.以眼还眼,以牙还牙.
15.It was poetic justice. ;15.这是天理昭彰, 报应不爽.
3. Ill-Treatment 虐待 ;
1.He’s always on my back. 2.Do you have a bone to pick with me? ;1.他老盯在我后头. 2.你存心找我的碴是不是
3.They gave me the runaround. 4.Don’t push me too far! ;3.他们在折腾人. 4.别欺人太甚!
5.Don’t give me any flak. 6.His opinion doesn’t count. ;5.少跟我过不去. 6.他的意见无足轻重.
4. Making Mistakes 犯错 ;
1.We have to start over. 2.Let’s go back to where we started. ;1.我们必须从头再做一遍 2.咱们重回出发点.
3.There’s very little room for mistakes. 4.He never hits a sour note. ;3.做这种事,只容许很小 的犯错空间. 4.他从没出过半点儿错.
5.I’m almost never wrong. 6.Relax!What could possibly go wrong? ;5.我几乎不曾做错过什么 6.放心吧! 哪会出什么纰漏?
7.You goofed again. 8.I don’t want any foul-ups! ;7.你又弄砸了. 8.不许再搞砸了!
9.Look what you’ve done! 10.You blew it! ;9.看你干了什么糗事? 10.你坏了事!
11.See what you’ve started. ;11.瞧你引发了什么倒楣 事?
12.A:Oops!I dropped that Ming vase. ;12.A:哎呀,不好!我失手 砸破了那个明朝的 瓷器.
B:God.What a butterfingers. ;B:老天爷,你那滑不溜丢 的手这么不可靠.
13.You smashed it intentionally. 14.You wrecked it purposely. ;13.你故意砸碎了它. 14.你故意打烂了它.
15.He’s such a klutz. 16.Little mistakes lead to big ones. ;15.他很笨拙. 16.一失足成千古恨. 小失误会铸成大错.
17.Why are you covering his ass? 18.I assume it’s an error? ;17.你何必掩护他的过错 呢? 18.我想这是个错误吧?
19.I’d like some explanation. 20.What’s your story? ;19.你解释一下,这是怎么 回事. 20.你有什么辩解?
21.Let’s see it’s not forgotten. 22.Get it right this time. ;21.要牢记这件事. 22.这次不许出错.
23.Do it right this time.Don’t fail me. 24.Next time don’t screw up. ;23.这次要办成. 别让我失望. 24.下次不要弄糟.
25.Don’t you ever learn? 26.Oh no!I slipped. ;25.难道你无法学乖吗? 26.哎呀不好!我说溜了嘴
27.Oops!I made a boo-boo. 28.I keep striking out ;27.哎呀!我不小心犯了个 蠢错误. 28.我老在犯错.
29.This is such a glaring error.How did you miss it? ;29.这么明显的错误,你 怎会疏忽呢?
30.That’s a gross negligence. ;30.那是个重大的疏忽.
31.I’ve got to be smarter this time. ;31.这次我得学聪明点儿.
32.All right!All right I made a mistake. I’m only human. ;32.得了,得了,我承认我 犯了错.我只不过是个 凡人.
33.I am not perfect, I make mistakes. 34.It’s just an honest mistake. ;33.我并不完美,我也会 做错事. 34.这只是个无心之过.
35.I’m not perfect. 36.Live and learn. ;35.我并非十全十美. 36.活到老学到老.
5. Blame 怪罪 ;
1.He started it. 2.It’s Adam. He started all of this. ;1.都是他闯的祸. 2.都是亚当. 他惹来这些麻烦.
3.This was your idea. I didn’t come up with it. ;3.这是你的点子, 不是我想出来的.
4.He graffitied the wall,but I took the rap for it. ;4.他在墙壁上涂鸦,结果 却是我挨骂.
5.You did it,didn’t you? ;5.你干的好事,不是吗?
6.If you didn’t do it, who did?Don’t try to pass the buck. ;6.不是你干的又会是谁呢 别推卸责任.
7.Don’t make me your fall guy. 8.Don’t make me your patsy. ;7.不要教我替你背黑锅. 8.不要让我替你顶罪.
9.Don’t point the finger at me. 10.Who can you blame? ;9.不要指控我. 10.这你能怪谁?
11.You can’t wash away your sins. ;11.你无法洗刷掉你的罪.
12.You’re guilty as hell. 13.It’s all your fault ;12.你的罪证确凿. 13.这全是你的错.
14.A:So,you think I stink.Is that it? B:You said it yourself. ;14.A:那么,你说我讨人厌 是吗? B:那是你自个儿说的.
15.It takes one to know one. 16.You can’t leave me holding the bag. ;15.你也好不到哪儿去. 16.你不能让我单独来挑 整个担子.
17.You’re barking up the wrong tree. 18.There’s no excuse for your actions. ;17.你骂错了对象. 18.你的行为无可辩解.
19.Don’t drag me into it. 20.You got yourself bogged down in this ;19.不要拖我下水. 20.你作茧自缚.
21.Don’t try to deny it.The facts speak for themselves. ;21.事实胜于雄辩, 别想抵赖.
6. Silliness 不正经 ;
1.No more monkey business! 2.No kidding around. 3.Quit horsing around. ;1.不要再胡搞了! 2.少在这儿戏耍. 3.少在一边儿胡闹.
4.Don’t monkey around. 5.Wipe that silly grin off your face. 6.Don’t be cute. ;4.别在这儿捣蛋. 5.把你的蠢笑容收起来. 6.不要跟我耍小聪明.
7.Don’t get funny (with me) 8.Stop giggling (in there). ;7.少跟我装疯卖傻. 8.少在那里咯咯地笑.
9.Please,this is no time for joking. 10.Get serious, will you? ;9.行行好,现在不是胡闹 的时候. 10.你正经点儿行不行?
11.This is serious. 12.Is this guy for real? ;11.这是很严重的事. 12.这家伙在玩真的吗?
13.I’m not kidding around. ;13.我可不是在闹着玩的.
14.I mean what I say. 15.I’m dead serious! 16.I don’t joke. ;14.我说话算话. 15.我是一本正经. 16.我不随便开玩笑.
17.I mean it! 18.I’m not joking. ;17.我说一不二. 18.我没在开玩笑.
19.Let’s not play games anymore. ;19.咱们不要再彼此玩花 样.
20.Let’s stop this nonsense! 21.Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. ;20.废话少说,言归正传! 21.咱们来讨论一下要点.
22.The party’s over. ;22.联欢会结束了.
7. Jokes 逗笑 ;
1.I made her laugh. 2.She laughs like a hyena. 3.This guy kills me. ;1.我使她笑逐颜开. 2.她笑得像土狼号叫. 3.这家伙笑死我了.
4.My joke brought down the house. 5.He’s good at telling one-liners. ;4.我的笑话引起哄堂大笑 5.他很会说简短而令人 捧腹的笑话.
6.He made me grin from ear to ear. 7.It’s a running gag. ;6.他使我裂嘴大笑. 7.这是个一提起就令人 发噱的笑话.
8.He laughed his head off. 9.He told some real zingers. ;8.他笑掉了大牙. 9.他说了些令人捧腹的 笑话.
10.That’s an old joke. 11.Your jokes are wearing thin. ;10.那是个老掉牙的笑话. 11.你的笑话我听腻了.
12.What’s so funny about that? 13.You have no sense of humor. ;12.那有什么好笑? 13.你缺乏幽默感.
14.You’re too serious. ;14.你太严肃了.
15.He always keeps a complete poker face 16.He’s always telling dirty jokes. ;15.他老是一副死板板的 面孔. 16.他老是在说黄色笑话.
17.He told an off-color joke to me. ;17.他跟我说了一则黄色 笑话.
18.That was a nasty joke you told. ;18.你说的那个笑话 无比下流.
19.He has such a filthy mouth for such a young boy. 20.He’s demented. ;19.这么年轻的男孩子, 嘴巴却不干不净. 20.他的思路歪了.
21.How insensitive you are! 22.He’s a real comedian. ;21.你太麻木不仁了! 22.他真是个小丑.
23.Let’s spice things up a bit. ;23.咱们把场面弄得生动 些.
24.Mooning is a typical prank among college students. ;24.故意在窗口露出臀部, 是大学生典型的闹剧 之一.
25.A:Please take your seats. B:Where should we take them? ;25.A:请就座. B:你要我们把椅子 拿到哪里?