打断讨论似乎很不礼貌,但出于许多原因常常是必要的。例如,您可能会在如下的情况中打断会话:
Give a message to someone
给某人捎口信
Ask a quick question that has nothing to do with the conversation
问一个与对话无关的问题
Give your opinion about something that has been said
发表你对某件已经说过的事的看法
Interrupt to join the conversation
打断对话为了加入讨论
Here are words and phrases used to interrupt conversations and meetings arranged by purpose.
下面有一些词汇和短语,用来打断安排好的对话和会议。
Interrupting to Give Someone Information
打断某人为了给他信息
Use these short forms to quickly and efficiently interrupt a conversation to deliver a message.
使用这些简短的表达可以快速有效地中断对话以传递信息。
I’m sorry to interrupt but you’re needed (on the phone / in the office / in the classroom / etc.)
很抱歉打扰你,但是有人找你(打电话/在办公室/在教室/等等)。
Sorry for the interruption. It’s Jim / Peter / Mary on the phone.
对不起,打扰了。吉姆/彼得/玛丽来电话了。
Pardon me, but I have John on the phone.
对不起,正在和约翰通话。
Excuse me, could I get a signature / an answer / a cup of coffee quickly?
对不起,我能尽快拿到签名/得到答案/喝杯咖啡吗?
Interrupting to Ask a Quick Unrelated Question
打断对话为了快速问一个无关的问题
At times we need to interrupt to ask an unrelated question. These short phrases quickly interrupt to ask for something else.
有时,我们需要打断对话来问一个与对话无关的问题。这些简短的短语可以帮你很快打断对话来询问其他事。
I’m sorry to interrupt, but this will only take a minute.
很抱歉打断你,但这只需要一分钟。
Sorry for the interruption, but could you (answer a quick question / help me for a moment / give me an opinion on ...)?
对不起打扰了,你能(回答一个简短的问题/帮我一会儿/给我一个关于……的意见)吗?
I’m so sorry. This will just take a minute.
我很抱歉。这只需要一分钟。
I apologize for the interruption, but I have an important question.
抱歉打断你的对话,但我有一个重要的问题。
Interrupting to Join the Conversation With a Question
用一个问题打断对话来加入
Using questions are a polite way of interrupting. Here are some of the most common questions we ask in order to be allowed to join the conversation.
使用问题是一种礼貌的打断方式。下面是一些我们问的最常见的问题,以便被允许加入对话。
Could I jump in?
我能加入吗?
Could I add something?
我能补充一点吗?
Can I say something?
我能说些话吗?
May I interject?
我能插句话吗?
Interrupting to Join the Conversation
为加入对话打断别人
During a conversation we might need to interrupt the conversation if we are not asked for our opinion. In this case, these phrases will help.
在交谈中,如果没有人征求我们的意见,我们可能需要打断谈话。在这种情况下,这些短语将有所帮助。
Would you mind if I joined the conversation?
你介意我加入交谈吗?
I couldn’t help overhearing. (Use when listening to a conversation that you are not a part of)
我忍不住偷听了。(当你听一段谈话时,你不是其中的一部分)
Sorry to butt in, but I think / feel ...
抱歉插话,但我认为/觉得……
If I may, I think / feel ...
如果可以的话,我认为/觉得...
Interrupting Someone Who Has Interrupted You
打断打断你的人
Sometimes we don’t want to allow an interruption. In this case, use the following phrases to bring the conversation back to your point of view.
有时我们不想允许中断。在这种情况下,使用以下短语使对话回到您的观点。
Please let me finish.
请让我说完。
Let me complete my thought.
让我说完我的观点。
Would you please let me finish?
请让我讲完好吗?
Can I continue, please?
请让我继续,好吗?
Allowing an Interruption
允许被打断
If you want to allow an interruption, use one of these short phrases to allow the person to ask a question, express an opinion, etc.
如果你允许别人打扰你,你可以用这些简短的短语中的一个来允许别人提问、表达意见等。
No problem. Go ahead.
没问题,请讲。
Sure, what do you think?
当然,你是怎么看的?
That’s OK. What do you need / want?
可以的,你需要/想要什么?
Continuing After an Interruption
中断之后继续话题
Once you’ve been interrupted you can continue your point after the interruption by using one of these phrases.
一旦你被打断了,你可以在中断之后使用这些短语之一继续你的观点。
As I was saying, I think / feel ...
就像我之前所说的, 我认为/感觉...
To get back to what I was saying, I think / feel ...
回到我说的话,我认为/觉得……
I’d like to return to my argument.
我想回到我的论点。
Continuing where I left off...
从刚刚中断的地方继续...