1.放弃了。/投降了。
I give up。
Let’s play another game. (我们再玩另一个游戏吧。)
You’re too good for me. I give up. (你也玩得太好了,我不玩了。)
I fold. *用于玩扑克时。
I raise you $20. ([玩牌时的赌博]再加20美元。)
I fold. (我不玩了。)
I give in。
2.没法子。
I can’t help it. *当带有can时,help表示“避开”、“抑制”、“控制”,所以I can’t help it 表示“不得不这样做”、“无法回避”。
You should stop smoking. (你该戒烟了。)
I can’t help it. (戒不了啊。)
There’s nothing I can do about it。
3.没戏。
Not a chance! *用于没有可能性时。
Would you lend me ¥5,000? (你能借给我5000日元吗?))
Not a chance! (没戏。)
No chance at all。
Fat chance。
No way. (根本不可能。) *否定语气,非常强烈,是不礼貌的说法。
4.毫无办法。
That’s the way it goes。
The game is canceled because of the rain. (因为下雨所以比赛取消了。)
That’s the way it goes. (没办法呀。)
5.毫无线索。
I have no clue. *clue 表示“线索”、“头绪”。
Do you know who stole it? (你知道是谁偷的吗?)
I have no clue. (毫无线索。)
I don’t have any idea。
I don’t have a clue。
I haven’t a clue。
6.我认输了。
I’m throwing in the towel. *throw in the towel原是拳击用语,日常会话时常用来表示“认输”。
I’ll never win. I’m throwing in the towel. (我赢不了你,我认输了。)
Don’t give up so early. (别那么快就认输。)
I’m giving up。
7.绝望了。
It’s hopeless。
It’s hopeless. (没希望了。)
Don’t give up yet. (别灰心!)
It’s impossible。
8.总比没有强。
Better than nothing. *句子开头的It’s被省略。
I only have five dollars. (我只有5美元。)
Well, it’s better than nothing. (可总比没有强吧。)
9.这就是命运呀!
It was fate. *fate “逃脱不了的命运,注定的命运”。
How did you meet? (你们怎么认识的?)
It was fate. (这就是命运呀!)
It was meant to be。
It’s my destiny。
10.都已经过去了。
It’s history. *表示“已经没有了”、“是过去的事了”。
I thought you loved him. (我想你很爱他。)
We broke up. It’s history. (我们分手了,一切都成为过去了。)
It’s all over。
It’s in the past。
It’s done with。