9 Apologies and Replies
道歉及回答
Sorry about that.
这事真对不起。(较随便)
A:Ouch,my foot! B:Sorry about that.Are you all right?
哎哟,我的脚!对不起,你没事吧?
A:Yeah.Do be careful next time. B:I certainly will.
没事,下次注意点。我会的。
That was stupid of me.
我真蠢。(较随便)
A:Did you bring my novel? B:Oh,no.I forgot again.That was stupid of me.
把我的小说带来了吗?哎呀上,我又忘记了.我真蠢.
A:Oh,well.You’d better bring it to me tomorrow.
你呀,最好明天带给我。
A thousand pardons for...
......抱歉,抱歉。(较随便)
A:A thousand pardons for having given you so much trouble.
给你添这么多的麻烦,抱歉,抱歉。
B:Not a bit of it.I hope you can understand what I’ve explained.
没什么,希望你能理解我的解释。
A:Yes,thank you.
我会的。
I really feel bad about...
为......我特别难受。(较随便)
A:I really feel bad about that,John.
约翰,为这事我特别难受。
B:No harm.Next time try to do it better. A:I sure will.
不碍事。下次做好点儿就行了。我会的。
Sorry to ...
对不起......。(较随便)
A:Sorry to have lost your name card.
对不起,把你的名片丢了。
B:Don’t worry.I’ll let you have another one. A:It’s very kind of you.
别担心,我再给你一张。多谢。
Oh,my fault for......
哦,......是我的错。(较随便)
A:Oh,my fault for breaking your pen.
哦,弄坏了你的笔是我的错。
B:Let’s forget it.That can happen to the best of us.
没关系,这种事谁都难免。
A:You’re so considerate.
你真体谅人。
I’m...sorry.
......对不起了。(通用)
A:I’m awfully/terribly sorry,Mike.I forgot to bring you the tape.
迈克,真对不起。我忘记给你带录音带了。
B:Never mind.I won’t use it until tomorrow.
没关系,我明天才用。
A:I’m sure you can have it tomorrow.
明天我一定带给你。
Sorry.
对不起。(较随便)
A:Sorry,Honey.I’ve lost the key.
对不起,亲爱的。我把钥匙丢了。
B: It’s nothing. It’s not the first time anyway.
没关系,反正也还是第一次了。
A:Oh,come on.I won’t be that silly again.
你别这么说了。我以后不会那么蠢了。
I beg your pardon.
对不起,重复一下好吗?(通用)
A:I beg you pardon?I didn’t quite catch what you said.
对不起,重复一下好吗?我没有听清你的话.
B:All right.I’ll repeat it. A:Thank you very much.
好吧,我再重复一遍。多谢。
Please excuse me for...
对不起,请......。(通用)
A:Please excuse me for a while.
对不起,请等一会儿。
I’ve got to go and have a look at my baby.It won’t be long.
我得看一看孩子。不会很久的。
B:Certainly.I’ll be waiting for you here. A:It’s very kind of you.
好吧,我在这儿等你。你真好。
I’m sorry to ...
对不起......。(通用)
A:I’m sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
真抱歉让你久等了。
B:That’s OK.What made you so late?
没关系,你怎么来这么晚?
A:I was tied up with some urgent business. B:I see.
有急事脱不开身。我明白了。
I pope you won’t mind.
希望你不要介意。(通用)
A:I’m going to bring my kids with me .I hope you won’t mind.
我想把孩子带来,希望你不要介意。
B:Not at all.I love kids,you know. A:I’s very nice of you.
没关系,你知道我喜欢孩子。你真好。
Forgive me for ...
原谅我......。(通用)
A:Forgive me for interrupting you. B:It doesn’t matter.What’s it ?
对不起,打断你一下。没关系,什么事?
A:I’ve got two questions to ask you. B:Go ahead.
有两个问题想问一问。问吧。
I’m afraid...
恐怕...。(通用)
A:I’m afraid I’ve taken too much of your time.
占你好多时间,真对不起。
B:It doesn’t matter,I’m not busy anyway. A:Thank you very much.
没关系,反正我也不忙。太谢谢了。
I apologize for...
我为......表示歉意。(较正式)
A:I apologize for what i said just now.
我为刚才说的话表示歉意。
B:Don’t think any more about it.And I do appreciate your concern.
不要再去想它了。我很感激你的关心。
A:I hope we can understand each other better in the days to come.
希望在以后的日子里能更多的相互了解。
Please accept my apologies for...
......请接爱我的道歉。(较正式)
A:Please accept my apologies for not going to your party.
没去参加您的聚会,真抱歉。
B:That’s perfectlyairight.
没关系。
A:I had to take my little sister to hospital,you know.
你知道我得带妹妹去医院。
B:Of course,that’s more important.
那当然更重要。
I’ve got to apologize for troubling you so much.
给你了这么多的麻烦,真对不起.(较正式)
A:I’ve got to apologize for troubling you so much.
给你添了这么多的麻烦,真对不起。
B:There’s no reason to apologize for such a trifling thing.
小事一桩,用不着道歉。
A:Do drop in on me when you’re in town.
来城里时,一定要到我这儿来。
I must beg to apologize for...
......我得向你道歉。(较正式)
A:I must beg to apologize for the delay.
事情拖延了,很对不起。
B:Apologies are really unnecessary.We haven’t really started yet.
实在没有必要。其实我们还没开始呢。
A:Really?Thank heavens!
真的吗?谢天谢地!
I owe you an apology for...
我该为......向你道歉。(较正式)
A:I really owe you an apology for having lost your letter.
丢了你的信我该向你道歉。
B:Please don’t blame yourself.
请别自责了。
A:I’ll write another one. B:It’s all my fault.
我会再写一封的。全是我的错。
I can’t tell how sorry I am for...
......我实在对意不去。(较正式)
A:I can’t tell how sorry I am for giving you such a fright.
让您这么受惊吓我实在过意不去。
B:There’s no need for you to worry.We’re quite alright.
你完全不必担心,我们挺好的。
A:Really?Then I can set my mind at rest.
真的吗?那我就放心了。