职场社交英语 Lesson 23:你才不要分心
SCENE④ B 吉娜和戴夫在隔间里
【我才不要分心】
Dave: Do you think maybe it would be better to just talk to Vince? Explain the situation?
戴夫: 你觉得去跟文斯说会不会好一点?解释这整个情况?
Zina: No way. I want the satisfaction of 1) squishing this bug myself. Plus, what if it’s Vince?
吉娜: 门都没有。我要自己享受压扁这只虫子的满足感。而且若文斯就是那小子怎么办?
Dave: I don’t think so. Your admirer seems kind of sweet. Aren’t you even a little 2) curious about him?
戴夫: 不会吧。你那仰慕者似乎还蛮贴心的。难道你对他一点都不好奇?
Zina: He’s just a 3) distraction, like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I want no distractions.
吉娜: 他只会让人分心,就像耳边蚊子嗡嗡叫。我才不要分心。
Dave: A little distraction might 4) do you some good, Zina.
戴夫: 稍微分点心或许对你有好处,吉娜。
语言详解
A: Our two-year-old baby is always getting into trouble.
我们家那个两岁的小鬼老是出状况。
B: Two is the age when they start to get curious.
孩子就是从两岁会开始好奇。
【a little curious 一点儿好奇】
a little 意思是“不多,但仍有一点”,如果是little,意思是“很少”,隐含否定之意。
A: There’s still a little time. We can have another drink.
还有一点时间,我们可以再来一杯。
B: But there is little money with us.
但是我们没有什么钱了。
A: I think they would accept my credit card.
我想他们会接受我的信用卡。
1)quish (v.) 挤扁,压扁
2) curious (a.) 感到好奇的
3) distraction (n.) 分心
4) do someone good 对某人有好处