热门英剧《唐顿庄园》讲述了1912-1914年唐顿庄园里Grantham伯爵一家的种种纠葛和摩擦,呈现了英国等级制度下的人间百态,剧中男女主角Matthew 和 Lady Mary的感情故事可谓是相当纠结。
在第二季圣诞特辑中,大表哥对大小姐的浪漫雪中求婚,相信是让很多剧迷中印象深刻的经典场景之一。现在就让我们来重温一下这段告白吧!对话中的重点句子和关键短语小编都特别标出,浪漫表白学起来啦~
【经典表白台词】
MATTHEW You’re really going to America.
你真的要去美国吗?
LADY MARY Mm.
嗯。
MATTHEW Would Carlisle make your life a nightmare if you stayed?
如果留下来,卡莱尔会让你深陷苦海吗?
LADY MARY I couldn’t tell you. Maybe.
我也说不准,也许吧。
Even if he does let me go, my story’s still out there and always will be.
即使他放过我,谣言依然流传在外,而且覆水难收。
MATTHEW Would you stay...if I asked you to.
你能留下来吗?如果我求你留下。
LADY MARY Oh, Matthew, you don’t mean that.
马修,你不是认真的。
You know yourself we carry more luggage than the porters at King’s Cross.
你了解自己,我们背负的包袱比国王十字火车站的脚夫背的还重。
And what about the late Mr Pamuk? Won’t he resurrect himself every time we argued?
还有已故的帕努克先生呢?我们每次吵架,你都会旧账重提吧。
MATTHEW No.
我不会。
LADY MARY You mean you’ve forgiven me?
这么说你已经原谅我了?
MATTHEW No, I haven’t forgiven you.
不,我没原谅你。
LADY MARY Well, then.
那就是了。
MATTHEW I haven’t forgiven you because...I don’t believe you need my forgiveness.
我之所以没原谅你,是因为,我认为你无需我的原谅。
You’ve lived your life and I’ve lived mine. And now it’s time we lived them together.
我们各自走过一段旅程,现在是时候携手同行了。
LADY MARY We’ve been on the edge of this so many times, Matthew.
我们三番五次走到这个关口,马修。
Please don’t take me there again unless you’re sure.
如果你心意未决,就不要让我空欢喜一场。
MATTHEW I am sure.
我意已决。
LADY MARY And your...vows to the memory of Lavinia?
那你对拉维尼亚在天之灵的起誓呢?
MATTHEW I was wrong. I...I don’ think she wants us to be sad.
当时我会意错了,我认为她并不希望我们难过。
She was someone who never caused a moment’s sorrow in her whole life.
她是一个一生从未给别人带来过痛苦的人。
LADY MARY I agree.
我同意。
MATTHEW Then, will you?
那你愿意吗?
LADY MARY You must say it properly.
你必须说得正式一些。
I won’t answer unless you...kneel down and everything.
要我回答你,你得单膝跪地什么的。
MATTHEW Lady Mary Crawley, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?
玛丽-卡劳利小姐,你愿意赏光做我的妻子吗?
LADY MARY Yes!
我愿意。